1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is steamrep accurate?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by DabTap, Jan 28, 2017.

1. DabTap

DabTap New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:198291314
    hey all,

I am wondering if steamrep is actually accurate. I'm looking at a profile with a reputation status saying banned.
    The ban was added 475 ago (reddit gaming)

Can someone tell me if when a ban currently is still shown on steamrep is the ban then still active?
    A reddit gaming ban. Can someone explain what the ban was for then? Are bans final and never to be unbanned?
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Without you linking to the profile, I can't tell what it was for. Often there is a reason listed what it was for. As you say its a reddit ban, it will be 1 of 3 (believe it where 3) subreddits who are partner with us who banned that. They will have all the information regarding that ban.

Regarding accuracy, all bans are required to have evidence. If there is no evidence, or not complete (basically: Transaction of money if applicable, trade agreement in chat/site, steam trade history so all sides of the trade are known), such a ban will be removed on appeal. We and our partner communities (like reddit partners) try everything to prevent unjust tags, and those will be addressed asap when we get aware of them. We're still human tho, mistakes are being made sometimes. But with all the reviews in the last 6 years, there where only a handful that where unjustifiable due evidence lacking or issues with tagging. Mistakes, they happen from time to time and are often corrected as soon as found out.

Bans on our site are permanent, unless a proper appeal was successfully made to the partner community or SR if it is a SR ban. Appeal doesn't mean a automatic unban, it means that a (different) admin will review the evidence and the appeal, and decide if the issue was light enough to unban, or was a mistake, something wrong with evidence, etc.

Also, no need to hide behind an alt account, anybody can ask anything regarding SteamRep here without repercussions or w/e.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. DabTap

DabTap New User

Steam:
    Okay im going to be perfectly honest with ya'll. It's about this http://steamrep.com/?id=76561198231669144

and his alt http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198055968699

Is it safe to assume that when your site shows alt's, that it's one and the same person?

Reason i'm asking ya'll this is that i'm doing investigating work on this guy. I am active in the h1z1 community and this guy is currently rocking the leaderboards of our game being the best. His alt account showed us an interesting name leading back to a cheating website i won't name but if you use any good steamid finder and see his past names you can see what it was. This leads us to believe that we're not only dealing with a former cheater but also with a pro scammer. His alt account which we think is his main account (Kursed) has some detailed scam reports on this site showing detailed info about his past.

So before I start gathering information I just wanted to know if the information given on your website is accurate. This person still makes daily trades in our community and it shows currently he has no trade ban. So we wonder if your steamrep ban has any relation to being trade banned on steam?
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    All reports are made by users, providing screenshots of conversations and trades. Some information will be hidden sometimes, for it contains Private information (we're not about finding real names, addresses or w/e) but the 3 reports where not reviewed by SR staff on the main account you linked.

If you mean regarding the other info on historical data etc, that can be trusted 100%, for its been pulled from the Steam API at the date listed by a user consulting the profile on SR etc. There is no reason for us to edit such, so we do not have any interface to edit any of it build in the site for that reason, and will never happen either.

Alts are reasonable reliable. But as its a difficult subject to teach... I checked, http://steamrep.com/?id=76561198231669144 IS a alt account of http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198055968699

The account was banned by a admin of reddit sub /r/SteamGameSwap , you may ask one of their mods regarding the ban itself. The original tagging admin left the community, but they should still have the information.

SteamRep is NOT affiliated with Steam/Valve, we have no working relation in that regards either. Our bans are community bans often used by our friend and partner communities to keep their communities and sites clean of scammers, to have less load of reports by scammers abusing their users, and partners help us out in tagging by banning the scammers within our guidelines.

Valve Trade Bans are bans issued by Valve/Steam, we have no say on such.
  6. DabTap

DabTap New User

Steam:
    Thank you for your answers. Our investigation will continue:)
  7. DabTap

DabTap New User

Steam:
  8. DabTap

DabTap New User

Steam:
    I wish to edit the post above but i don't know how. Unfortunately we asked reddit for support but they could not find any. Apparantly this all happened at gotrade they said.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    We don't allow editing of posts by members, for various reasons.
  10. DabTap

DabTap New User

Steam:
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This user or users were tagged by REDDIT - you need to ask them that.
  12. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663