1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is this a Paypal scam?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Frkys, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Frkys

Frkys New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:153460487
    Recently, I sold my Karambit Doppler to someone who was reputable on another forum. The deal was going smoothly and he sent the $290. I realized after that the Payment was pending, I asked him about it and he said it was because he sent it by card. I later asked some mutual friends on a forum site and I was told it was a scam and there was a glitch to make it look the payment is pending and that I got scammed. Have I been scammed?
  2. Frkys

Frkys New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:153460487
    He has sent me proof of him sending the payment and it does say pending on the PayPal site but the money hasn't come through.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Prob so - but sometimes and I'm not a paypal expert some payments say pending for other reasons.
    So till the payment clears I wouldn't trade anything.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Are you sure it's a payment, and not an invoice? You should generally expect funds to appear within your account immediately. A lot of PayPal scammers will dress up an invoice with fake PayPal branding for their "company logo" to look like a "pending" payment.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. MateWW

MateWW Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55061614
    I think its a invoice but check it anyways.. do you have everything verified on PP?