1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is This Person Legit?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Une Pomme de Terre, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Une Pomme de Terre

Une Pomme de Terre New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:117806827
    Someone offered me 5 keys for my strange decorated sniper rifle in TF2. When I said okay, they then told me to add this one guy in order to "check if the items are duped or not".
    The person he told me to add has the ID of 76561198407542754 . They claimed to be Ken Banks, a developer with Valve. They told me that in order to check the items, I have to send them to him... Basically gifting him the item.
    Is this profile really Ken Banks, or just an impersonator?
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Sounds like a scam on its face and you should report it with accompanying evidence in the reports section.
    (I did not actually look into this claim as the general discussion section is not for asking for trade advice/reporting users)
    Roudydogg1 and Lava like this.
  3. Une Pomme de Terre

Steam:
    I would file a report, unfortunately I forgot to take screenshots of the chat before blocking and unfriending them
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You can report user to Valve instead - they have the ability to see what the user is doing, see their profile since private etc..

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
  5. Une Pomme de Terre

Steam:
    Ok. I'll do that
    Thank you