1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is this site legit.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Prim3_HD, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Prim3_HD

Prim3_HD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:73090460
    Hey there, fairly new to trading as the last site I used was Opskins. I was wanting to know if BitSkins is a legit website and they will pay me via Paypal after I trade my items or if they are a scam and I should avoid them.

Thank you for any help.
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Sorry. As much as I'd like to give you a clearer answer, SteamRep policy prohibits vouching for any particular unaffiliated websites.

If you haven't heard of a website before, and someone is pressuring you to use it, it's usually a scam, and you should avoid them. Even if the website is legitimate - and legitimate websites for cashing out do exist - you may end up getting scammed through it if you don't know what you're doing. Sometimes by malicious plugins or fake look-alike sites, and sometimes just by doing something that compromises your security on that website.

So the short answer is, if someone came to you offering a trade, but only if you use a certain website, it's probably a scam.