1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is this the best or only place to get scammers listed?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ICDeadPeople, Jan 30, 2012.

1. ICDeadPeople

ICDeadPeople New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17850273
    I want to know if anyone knows if this is the best or only place to get scammers listed or if there are other places as well?

I want to get the guys that scammed me listed anywhere I can....

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. Ðiego™

Ðiego™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8988868
    send a ticket to steam support
  3. ICDeadPeople

ICDeadPeople New User

Steam:
    The trade was to be my unusual hat for cash via paypal...because of that wont steam just say "to bad so sad"?
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  5. ICDeadPeople

ICDeadPeople New User

Steam:
    Horse,

So, your saying, yes, all they will say is "to bad so sad"?

I do not expect to ever get my item back, I just want to do anything and everything I can to these guys to help make sure they don't do it to other people. On thier profiles I did do the report violation thingy...

I am just wondering if there are other places like this website where people trading look to see who is reputable and who is not.

Thanks!
    ICDP
  6. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    Steam's policy is rather unclear. They have no responsibility towards you - trading for Paypal is not supported. However, if you have sufficient evidence, they may trade ban the other party. I'm unfamiliar with this new policy of theirs, and people I know have had mixed results.
    Do not expect your items back.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

well, the known places are:
    - Steam Support, will take actions against the scammer's accounts (those that are reported and viable in their views, they have a completely different ruleset then SteamRep)
    - SteamRep (this site), as far as I know the only really active site that keeps up with the scammer reports around, and is putting time in to keep up, and offers a easy access on any accounts status in this regard
    - Sites as UTC, ASBO, Reddit, EE, etc etc contribute to our scammer list, as they handle scammer reports themselves, and those markings get reflected on steamrep.
    - http://tf2rep.com/ but I think its dead by now, there used to be 27 scammers regged on there, all gone.

We often advice to report on one of the communities, like UTC, reddit etc. As they have more resources to handle them. The huge amount of time it takes from SR admins to process all reports and appeals etc is not compared to the ease of letting one of the groups handle it. For a group ban, for example if UTC marks somebody scammer, they handle the report, the appeal, etc. The only action on our side would be the actual marking on the SR site and some notes with a link to the ban/thread, which is 1 minute work.

SR gets the mayor load, due the SOP scammer threads reports that we process, on this forum, and also the appeals. its not for nothing that there are often huge delays on SR side, for the admins have real life stuff to handle as well, and that comes first.
    Mattie! likes this.
  8. Ðiego™

Ðiego™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8988868