1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I've been threatened with a fake steamrep ban, should I be worried?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by tmyV, Oct 27, 2017.

1. tmyV

tmyV New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1557647
    Hello,

Some guy added me to buy some keys, he seemed normal and friendly enough.

I checked his steamrep as standard protocol, and he is banned.

I explained that I won't trade with him for real cash because of this, and now he is saying he's going to photoshop something and get me banned too and to 'enjoy my ban'.

I've screenshotted our entire conversation, should I be worried? I hear that steamrep can be quite ruthless.

I've genuinely done nothing wrong, and am only trying to prevent myself from getting scammed. I'm real nervous :-(

He's also -rep commented on my cashrep which I'm working on building up, WTF?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Whole conversation is here;

https://imgur.com/a/HwR9Z

Cheers,
    Tommy
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2017
  2. tmyV

tmyV New User

Steam:
    Here is the guy in question;

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2017
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    We do get false reports, and do our best to detect them and not banning an innocent user. Unfortunately, reports have sometimes slipped through the cracks and we accidently ban an innocent user, however those are usually caught quickly upon an appeal and the tag is lifted. These cases are very rare, as we train our staff to always be aware of them. If a report is made against you, be sure to reply to the report and provide your side of the story and the proof that you have of your innocence.
  4. tmyV

tmyV New User

Steam:
    Thanks Clive. I have the imgur link ready to go incase he does indeed 'photoshop some bs' and submit a report.
    I'm so annoyed, I've worked hard the last 10days or so to build up cashrep, and now this guy is on my case for no reason other than I'm trying to prevent myself getting scammed by a flagged user.

5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I've hidden the users info and the csgo link you provided.
    This prevents flaming towards another user if this situation isn't as stated.
    Thanks!

Hidden Content: