1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: Not an April Fools Joke Joke Reported: Dumb Joke by OkCupid

Discussion in 'Report a Bad April Fools Day Joke' started by SilentReaper(SR), Apr 1, 2014.

1. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Bad Joke Report

Joke Type: Dumb Joke
    Person or company? Company, Website

Accused prankster: OkCupid

Joke Description:
    Naming Internet Explorer with a different name of "Internet Exploder"​

Explain your dislike:
    I've been nick-naming Internet Explorer "Interslut Exploder" for YEARS, its dumb, its old and its scamming. They never asked for my permission to use a bad copy of my nickname for it.

Oh, and the reason I call it such, is that its always females using InterSlut Exploder which then gets all kinds of toolbars, browser plugins and malware on their computers, and I have to clean it out again when it doesn't work anymore. So its sluts using it, exploding the internet....​

Joke Evidence:
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    I don't think it's actually an April Fools joke because it looks like it started yesterday: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-26830383

While sometimes we do allow reports of any bad joke, since you had the bad (and even more rude/offensive/extreme) joke prior, you who deserve the negative comedian reputation as much as them. Marking as invalid on many levels!
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    think that is your timezone vs that of the BBC... to me the post on BBC is April 1st...
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
  5. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    You pretty much got it. Bigot Brendan Eich issued a non-apology apology.

It's like when I told a gubernatorial candidate that I opposed his anti-immigration policy and he said, "I'm sorry you feel that way, can I count on your support in the election?"

I said to him, "Well, no, you cannot and you can be guaranteed that I will work to prevent your election

The candidate was Republican candidate Clayton Williams. Google him.

It's really sad that those who support Brendan Eich's bigotry claim we're being intolerant for standing up for equal rights for all people, when in reality they're simply repeating the arguments bigots have made throughout history.

I'm a proud Christian, and fully support gay marriage; bigots always use The Bible, or some other text to justify their bigotry and then claim we're violating their rights by telling them that if they operate a restaurant or a gas station that they have to serve black people, or that they can't refuse to sell their house or rent an apartment to Jews, or that they cannot fire someone for being gay, or who think that interracial marriage should be illegal; which is just rediculous.

Unfortunately, in most of the United States, gay people can be fired or refused a job because of their sexual orientation.

Sadly, many of the people who would deny LGBTI people equal rights are the same people who have laws that protect their rights. They're also often the same people who oppose equal pay for women.

I have no respect for those who oppose equal rights for all people and do everything in my power to prevent them from achieving their goal of denying equal rights to anyone.

I fully realize that those of whom I am speaking will now attack me because they have no real arguments. I was once received death threats and was called an extreme racial slur for supporting voting rights for African-americans; there's nothing they can say that will deter me from working to achieve equal rights for all, including equal rights for those who selfishly oppose equal rights for others.

They'll claim I'm playing the race card, or violating their right to their own religious beliefs. None of it is true, but it won't matter because they've been indoctrinated by Rush Limbaugh, Fred Phelps, Ted Nugent, Glenn Beck, the Koch brothers, Franklin Graham, Rick Warren, Phylis Schlafly, Ann Colter, and many others. The right-wing bigots pushing outrage, lies, and fear are a dime a dozen.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    My personal problem with the "Exploder" in that post was that they claimed everybody to treat equally, and then they treat IE in a negatory way. Sure as a personal opinion (that I share btw) that IE is the worst of the bunch, is ok, but thats not something that should go along such a political message. Its a bit like yelling "Save the whales" and then after it advertize to go shoot elephants in Africa instead, if you get my drift.

as for that CEO getting the job... meh. I read his blogpost of insuring ppl that things will be ok at Mozilla.... and indeed nothing apologetic for his support for that. Question remains: should he have done that?

In a good percentage of ppl's mind that will be a "yes", but from a business standpoint its bad practice (and at the same time a great inhibitor, yeah). If he would have the damage may have been too big for him to stay on. If they where aware, then they knew they could encounter such a fall-out. But thats what they chose for. If he would have apologized, he should have done that long before he became CEO imo. If he does now, and his stint as CEO ends shortly, he wont be much for a next job... the criticizing would stay buzzing around him and have a negative impact on his career. The only point when he could make amends on that is some years in the future, when the outcry isn't there anymore and he can amend, and be done with it.

I'm quite lucky to live in a country where more securities to LGBT, or race or color are available then in the USA. Its forbidden here to (pre)select on such.

and bout sharing religious beliefs, I'm Atheist, since I was bout 8. My parents tried to raise me a Catholic, but at such an age I already saw it as the same type of stories as fairy-tales. While I still love fantasy and science fiction books, I left back then my imaginary friends.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  7. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Exploder could have just been a typo you never know :3
    Roudydogg1 likes this.