1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator JosiahSquared Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by JosiahSquared, Oct 30, 2016.

1. JosiahSquared

JosiahSquared New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:188744644
    1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.
    | steamname: Viktor Reznov
    | steam3ID: [U:1:377489289]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:188744644
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198337755017
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/OhHiSydneyILoveYou
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198337755017

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence?
    22 years old, UTC-5:00, North Carolina (United States of America)

3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)?
    1. Right now, I am employed at a company that 2 of my friends are currently at.
    2. I don't attend school
    3. My hobbies are: Airsoft, Paintball, Basketball
    4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator?
    I mostly came to apply because I am a great and happy person who wants to help others. I like to help others not to get scammed, hijacked or threatened at any cost. I would like to make guides, posts on how not to be scammed and how to prevent it. I would like to help the community and interact with others and friends of mine.

5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week?
    Monday through Friday I am usually on at 5:00 PM to 9 PM or maybe 10 PM if I don't go to bed. On Saturdays and Sundays I am on at 3 PM to 11 PM.
    6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)?
    1. Moderator and a game master on a warhammer server (Garrysmod)
    2. Moderator on a american revolution RP (gmod)
    3. Forum Moderator for AfterShockGaming (left the forums)
    7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator?
    1. Decisions, that's a big one.
    2. Having to be active a lot (I would try my best on that one)
    3. Trying my best to stay positive (I have some anger problems and I do indeed attend a anger management class for that.
    8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines?
    I do and shall enforce the rules and guidelines and will not be biased in any way.
    9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals?
    I do not have any issues on denying or accepting reports and appeals. If they have a bad appeal/report, that's bad on their side not mine. If they have a good appeal/report with sufficient evidence, I will not have a issue on accepting it.
    10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    Yes, I will always respect my higher ups on the staff team.
    11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    Attributes I can approve on, I believe nothing because I am always scanning through reports and appeals and reading them, I will try and much as much threads as I can helping players. I can possibly improve on my wording and grammar abilities.
    12) What contributions do you hope to be able to make? We're especially interested in previous content or experience that shows you can help educate the community on fraud prevention.
    Hmm.
    1. Giving a smile on everybody's face
    2. Helping others
    3. Try and be extremely active
    4. Post a lot
    5. Try and educate myself in scamming ways and try to prevent those from happening on the steam rep community.
    6. Attend Staff Meetings (if there is any)
    13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)
    If I was accepted as a moderator and got promoted to admin, I would love to suggest new things to the owner's of Steam Rep. I would try and contribute in meetings, interacting with other admins. I would try and improve my wording better for paragraphs so people won't look to see me as a idiot who has no exact clue what I am doing. I would like to possibly do some things regarding scammers. Possibly try to act like a new player and see if people would scam me in any shape or form, so I can expose them and mark them on Steam Rep.
    14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks.
    None
    15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    Yes

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?
    Yes
    17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there.
    None

18) Do you have any questions?
    Nope
  2. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    From: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-moderator-application-updated-11-1-15.13213/

Your account is less than a year old, which is an automatic disqualification. Declining for this reason.

Regardless, thank you for applying.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.