1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Just got a community ban about 30mins ago, Steamrep does not display it.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Nyyanko, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Nyyanko

Nyyanko New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102520506
    Hi All

I just got a community ban from a game discussion (Nekopara vol.4) not long ago by apparently "advocating piracy". Looking back at my comment I can see where the confusion is but it was totally not my intention. I've never had any type of ban agianst my account before so I'm concerned how this will affect me going forward. I will try to appeal it and hopefully that will be accepted.

Until then though I was wondering if Steamrep will update to reflect I have a community ban or if only being banned from certain commmunities (Valve games) will do so.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SteamRep's profile block information is updated from Valve to reflect the account - so whatever their system says ours will update to reflect that.
    This account you are posting from doesn't show that it is community banned.

comm.jpg
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Lava likes this.
  4. Nyyanko

Nyyanko New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102520506
    Hi Staff

Thank you for clarifying this. I reached out to the game developer and explined the misunderstanding and all was sorted out. I will keep what you've said in mind in case something like this happens again.

Kind Regards