1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator Kaeso's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Kaeso, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Kaeso

Kaeso New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:80992224
    1) Applicant Name and Info: (copy and paste the usual several lines of IDs from SR profile)

| steamname: Kaeso
    | steam3ID: [U:1:161984448]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:80992224
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198122250176
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CheckTheDubs
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198122250176

2) How old are you, what city and area do you live in?

I'm 19 years old, I live in Londonderry, Northern Ireland
    3) Please tell us a bit about yourself (job, school, hobbies, other)?
    I play a lot of video games, I play football and rugby, and I have an interest in becoming a policeman (in the detective area).
    4) Why do you want to be an SR mod?
    As you can tell, I have a thing for justice. I'd be glad to investigate reports and help out the community to get rid of more and more scammers.
    5) How much time can you donate to SR per week?
    I can spend anywhere from 2-8 hours a day on moderating for Steamrep.
    6) Do you have any prior admin experience, or similar, and please elaborate?

I was an admin for some steam groups with over 500 members in them, I also have experience being a moderator on some gmod forums, and I used to help out as a moderator on some smaller forums a few years ago before I joined steam.
    7) What do you foresee as challenges as an SR mod?

Some challenges I forsee could be to coming to a judgement about whether or not the accused person's telling the truth or not, which I'd have to investigate further to make my decision on.
    8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce per SR rules and guidelines?

Yes.
    9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying appeals or accepting reports?

None.
    10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?

Yes.
    11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?

I'm a little cocky, however this is something that wouldn't get in the way of me being a steamrep moderator.
    12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SR?

I'll contribute my cooperation and I'll work towards helping to stop scammers.
    13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)

I'd be specifically interested in being in the scam reports area.
    14) Please list all alternate Steam Accounts by their ID64.
    None.
    15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?

Yes I do.
    16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?

Yes.

17) Do you have any questions?

Nope.
    Thanks for reading my application.
  2. Aimin For Ya Face!

Aimin For Ya Face! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43691592
    On your profile its says your 21 years old
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't see where he says he's 21 in his profile. However, one thing I see wrong is he is asked to list all alternate Steam Accounts by their ID64 and goes on to say None.

Then I see this on his profile saying :

Attached Files:

• ok.jpg
      ok.jpg
      File size:
      115.5 KB
      Views:
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  4. Kaeso

Kaeso New User

Steam:
    Ah, crap. I worded that wrong. I used my brother's account before I made my own last year. I didn't include that because I don't use it myself anymore, my brother does though.
    But if you guys want it, it's here
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009120520/

And no, I'm not 21 haha.
  5. WWWWAAAAFFFFLLLLEEEESSSS

WWWWAAAAFFFFLLLLEEEESSSS New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67107601
  6. Kaeso

Kaeso New User

Steam:
    Why so..?
  7. Aimin For Ya Face!

Steam:
    Your also pretty new on this form, i am to but isin't it a bit weird ,you joined yesterday
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. WWWWAAAAFFFFLLLLEEEESSSS

WWWWAAAAFFFFLLLLEEEESSSS New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67107601
    I have been here for a week and nobody commented on my application, I feel so lonely...
  9. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    I haven't seen you around much here, are you sure you want the moderator position, what with the time commitment stated in the duties of moderators thread?
  10. Kaeso

Kaeso New User

Steam:
    Yes, I want the moderation position. I'm fine with the time commitment requirements.
  11. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    I'm just a little surprised, mostly because I haven't seen you on the forums much at all, and seeing that you only registered here a week ago.
    Also, would you happen to have a vouch from a partner community administrator, as stated in the application requirements?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Please don't discourage people from applying for moderator. We have few enough people applying (and even fewer who meet the requirements) as it is without someone challenging every application. The requirements for this position speak for themselves, and if he gets to the point where his application can be considered, I'm willing to bet he already knows what he's getting into. If the question about his commitment needs to be asked, you can rest assured it will come up before the person joins our staff.

And by the way, I had around 3 posts in the forums when I applied for moderator. Just being inactive in the forums does not disqualify someone from the position.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  13. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    No problem, I'll just watch for now.
  14. Aimin For Ya Face!

Steam:
    Not been on since 14 february, no offence but i dont think he should get moderator at this time
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    I'd be more worried about his trade probation.
  16. Kaeso

Kaeso New User

Steam:
    I wouldn't.
    Steam thought my account was hijacked for some reason, and I got it sorted out.
  17. Monkey 2

Monkey 2 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28883801
    Hi first off I wish you luck in your application.
    But secondly. If you say your trade probation was sorted out.. It would mean its been cleared correct?
    Then why do you still have a trade probation? Normally steam doesn't trade probation hijacked accounts either...
  18. Kaeso

Kaeso New User

Steam:
    Hi, thanks
    I can trade people fine but the tag's still there, I'm trying to get that part sorted out.

This is what steam sent me, even though it's not very related to my problem...but they said that's the next step after I asked for help.

"If your account is locked or you suspect it is stolen, we’ll need to verify that you’re the original account owner:

Providing Proof of Ownership
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2347-qdfn-4366

For all other questions, you may be able to resolve the issue yourself by searching the FAQs on our Support site:

https://support.steampowered.com/

We thank you for your patience, and will help as soon as possible."
  19. Miley Cyrus BT

Miley Cyrus BT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67622915
    I do wish you luck in your application for you position, but do you have a recommendation from a partner community? I know someone already asked, but you never answered that, and it is a very important part of applying.
  20. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    If he had one you'd have seen it in this thread.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.