1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Completed: Friends KiwiRoo Trade Server Application.

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by |KR| s8. Dumpybear «ᴼᴺᴣ», May 11, 2013.

1. 1. Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.Server IP: (Hosted by GameServers.co.nz)
    We have been running the SteamRep plugin for over 6months.
    2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin? If so, please list.
    No we have not made any modification to our SteamRep plugin.
    3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kiwiroo
    4. Please list the URL of your admins Steam group.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kradmins
    5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile
    All admins are in the above group.
    6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?
    Our community is constantly in the fight to stop people being scammed on our server. Our community has zero tolerance for scammers and anyone scamming is instantly banned. We prefer to prevent than to regret. This is why we have our server equipped with anti-scam plugins such as the SteamRep plugin. If a scammer manages to slip through our plugin security we always have admins online, in the server monitoring trades and activity.
    7. Why does your community wish to be affiliated with SteamRep?
    We are applying to be affiliated with SteamRep to help with the war against scammers; for our own sakes, and other communities’ sakes. As we are already a well-known and established TF2 community we thought it was time to do our part in protecting old and new communities and our own as we are expanding and growing fast. Being affiliated with SteamRep also forms a sense of comfort for new traders coming to our server as you are such a respected and trusted source. Becoming affiliated with SteamRep will not only be a positive just for our community but a lot of others we affiliate ourselves with, such as ON3 for example.
    8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)
    http://kiwiroogaming.com
    9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.
    Multiple different-purpose Source ban forums on the above link.
    10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).
    N/A
    11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.
    The Kiwi Roo Gaming community has been around for 4 years now. Our community came to be when I (Dumpybear) decided to start my own group and server as a hobby when I wasn’t working. The server quickly grew into a thriving community and became much more than a hobby. Our primary goals are to create a safe and fun trading environment for all players on our server and as stated previous affiliating with SteamRep will only enhance this experience for our community and others.

[​IMG]
  2. Sorry about the above post, messed up the format, please disregard it. The bottom post is formatted better and has edited answers.
    1. Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.
    Server IP: (Hosted by GameServers.co.nz)
    We have been running the SteamRep plugin for over 6months.

2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin? If so, please list.
    No we have not made any modification to our SteamRep plugin.

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kiwiroo

4. Please list the URL of your admins Steam group.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kradmins

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile.
    All admins are in the above group.

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?
    Our community is constantly in the fight to stop people being scammed on our server. Our community has zero tolerance for scammers and anyone scamming is instantly banned. We prefer to prevent than to regret. This is why we have our server equipped with anti-scam plugins such as the SteamRep plugin. If a scammer manages to slip through our plugin security we always have admins online, in the server monitoring trades and activity.

7. Why does your community wish to be affiliated with SteamRep?
    We are applying to be affiliated with SteamRep to help with the war against scammers; for our own sakes, and other communities’ sakes. As we are already a well-known and established TF2 community we thought it was time to do our part in protecting old and new communities and our own as we are expanding and growing fast. Being affiliated with SteamRep also forms a sense of comfort for new traders coming to our server as you are such a respected and trusted source. Becoming affiliated with SteamRep will not only be a positive just for our community but a lot of others we affiliate ourselves with, such as ON3 for example.

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)
    http://kiwiroogaming.com

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.
    http://www.kiwiroogaming.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).
    N/A

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.
    The KiwiRoo Gaming community has been around for 4 years now. Our community came to be when I (Dumpybear) decided to start my own group and server as a hobby when I wasn’t working. The server quickly grew into a thriving community and became much more than a hobby. Our primary goals are to create a safe and fun trading environment for all players on our server and as stated previously affiliating with SteamRep will only enhance this experience for our community and others.

12. Please post your community's desired banner (if not already on SR). Banners should be 225x48.

[​IMG]

3. Silvur

Silvur New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42093512
    Looking at previous applications, most people have received replies within 24hours. It's been over 10days and we have still received no attention.
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    There are applications many months old, these things take time.
    Maddux likes this.
  5. Silvur

Silvur New User

Steam:
    I realise that, but there aren't many applications that didn't get responded to for over 10 days.
  6. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    There are a number of applications that don't receive replies. While some have comments by Community Admins or members, many haven't received a response from SR itself. It's all about patience, the SR Staff is quite busy and the Community Applications are at a lower priority then scam reports.
    Melkor likes this.
  7. Have patience my friend lol they will get to us when they can no hurry:)
  8. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658158
    Update to this. We are currently switching forum software to XenForo rather than MyBB, so you may notice some intervals of up and down time over the next day or so. Apologizes for the inconvenience.
  9. Silvur

Silvur New User

Steam:
    The conversion to XenForo is complete. We have a proper website under development.
  10. Update. We have had a server ip address change. 119.252.190.137:6000
  11. RetroPCx

RetroPCx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56032999
    The server looks really nice :D
  12. We now have a second tf2 server at 119.252.190.133:6005. This is going to be a DM server
  13. Russel

Russel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46017830
    Just a quick update regarding Maddux, We have removed him as an admin as he is a marked scammer now on SteamRep which not only has become a shock to us but other communities. We thought he was a nice person, he didn't have scammer tag on steamrep for a while but since we removed him as admin, he has taken the forums with him because we removed his admin. I do believe JAG may have gone down because of this (if I am wrong I apologise).

[​IMG]

We will be trying to get the forums back up as soon as possible and try and keep you guys updated (if that's alright).

Our community has been put under a lot of stress, so we apologize if anything is running slower than usual. Maddux was also trying to get the other owner of the server's pw by asking what the name of his pet was. He asked for his unusuals so he could get a ticket to Hawaii. lol..

Thanks!
    Once again, apologies if this is a long a pots, just keeping you guys informed!

- Russel
  14. Backseatsman

Backseatsman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31430526
    Maddux never was an admin at JAG. He offered to help around the server with mapping etc, but never directly had anything to do with JAG (which went down before he was tagged).
  15. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    As a rule, the forum owner owns the community since he usually owns the url (and hence the name). That doesn't look too great.

It's really not hard to setup a forum these days, most hosts have an automatic installer of sorts so it's just a few clicks and it's done for you. I'm aware there's some finer points to it, but the owner should be the one doing that, IMO. If you're absolutely struggling, read a book.

Be careful, be smart and stay safe.
  16. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658158
    Since i now own the URL, do i now "own" the community?

To kiwiroo- set up the forums in 20 min, use mybb or drop the 140 on xenforo, since you were using my copy of xenforo, you now have to purchase your own.
  17. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    They need to bring that up with you. Not my business.
  18. Silvur

Silvur New User

Steam:
    Maddux is trying to play you all, he's a HUGE time scammer and tbh I don't know why he's even allowed to post on these forums.

[​IMG]