1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator Le french spy's application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by [AF2] Le french spy, Aug 14, 2013.

1. [AF2] Le french spy

[AF2] Le french spy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53830917
    1) Applicant Name and Info: (copy and paste the usual several lines of IDs from SR profile)
    | steamname: [AF2] Le french spy
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:53830917
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067927563
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DesertedBroadcast
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198067927563

2) How old are you, what city and area do you live in?
    Im 19! I live in a small town located in louisiana, its so small i can't give it out on the internet or someone would come find me!

3) Please tell us a bit about yourself (job, school, hobbies, other)?
    I take a technology class, i get fairly swell grades, and my hobbies are busting scammers, trading, and playing tf2! I also work online mostly doing whatever, getting money in TF2 and what not!

4) Why do you want to be an SR mod?
    I feel i can bring a lot to the table, and i can spot scammers from a mile away! I always look into a case before i handle it (usually not steam related but other games/programs) and overall i hate scammers and have enough time on my hands to handle them!

5) How much time can you donate to SR per week?
    I can work on cases at school in my spare time so adding it up maybe....25 week days and all day on weekends usually!

6) Do you have any prior admin experience, or similar, and please elaborate?
    Well i have had many admin experiences with minecraft, tf2 servers, gmod servers, and some other websites, I can't really remember any of them considering it was a considerable amount of time ago!

7) What do you foresee as challenges as an SR mod?
    Keeping balance in the community and trying to investigate every case

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce per SR rules and guidelines?
    YES 100% YES, i always enforce the rules and i can be a tough admin or mod!

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying appeals or accepting reports?
    I NEVER WILL DENY IT WITHOUT LOOKING INTO IT! I don't wanna be like one of those crappy mods who sits on there ass all day and does nothing i wanna really be a good mod and look into all my cases!

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    yes and no, depends on the circumstances but i'd say %90 of the time I will do what I'm told and follow directions, sometimes i can be stubborn and follow my morals but again %90 of the time i will do what I'm told well i would say %95 but i want to be %100 honest on this! Also I will shape up and do whatever I'm told a lot of the time and really really try hard!

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    I feel sometimes i take instructions or directions to well or seriously and i really really really really really really dedicate myself to something that really shouldn't be THAT big of a deal. I also think I'm a tad bit too generous with donations and raffles but being generous is a good thing in my opinion, because i don't really trade that much!

12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SR?
    Being realistic I would say I'm just another good mod that helps with anything, contributions will include things like, investigating appeals, if i can mark and unmark then i will do so on a strict policy of rules set by SR, but i will still look into it undercover! I also think i can really be a good mod in general, like a nice, considerate mod! I will also donate as much as possible to SR to keep it running!

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)
    yes definitely! Really just things that most SR admins do, i will have a strong bond with the community and people in it, while also marking any scammers and keeping my opinions un-bias, appeals i stated earlier I'm simply going to investigate deeply as much as possible and find out whats up! I will take all scam reports seriously no matter what! I will always look into them and study everything about it such as screenshots or conversations!

14) Please list all alternate Steam Accounts by their ID64.
    I really don't have any, but i can get one if it's required i guess! I don't wanna like get tf2r banned or anything for having multiple accounts so no alts!

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    YES, YES I DO! I swear on my life i will not let you down!

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?
    Yes i do understand it! I also need to state anything about me handling appeals of course being mod won't be something i can actually do.

17) Do you have any questions?
    When is it possible to go to admin? i havent found any threads on it nor videos. I am interested in it but I wont be pushy or anything with it i swear! ;D

2. [AF2] Le french spy

[AF2] Le french spy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53830917
    yes i realize i may not have any admins recommending me but please find it in your heart to give me a chance :'(
  3. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    I'm curious about this application in regards to what you've written. Please read below on what I'm wanting to wonder. Thanks.

Please elaborate on how you 'bust' scammers and what technology class do you take? There are many.

Of course, if you're remotely experienced enough, then yes, you can technically spot a scammer from a 'mile away'.

How long ago was a 'considerable' amount of time? The # of servers you administrate in total?

Now, I'm pretty sure you really haven't encountered anyone from the SteamRep moderation team, have you? With you stating you won't be like one of those "crappy" mods, maybe you should atleast take a look around instead of making hostile gestures to the moderators. With that being said, I assure you the mods are well-trained on how to handle reports.

It takes a metric f✿✿✿ton (sincere apologies for language) amount of time to get from moderator to SR admin.
  4. Seventy-one

Seventy-one Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22253381
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  5. Dr.Fallen

Dr.Fallen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50935341
    I agree with Hitman, In question to the servers I would like to know what you actually did on them rather than how many? Was it kick/ban or more. Also your answers are in any real detail to be honest, You need to say how you will help not just conclusions of "I swear or I promise." Also on Seventy-one's point you should never ask for rep, respect is earned if you have done well and are well known I'm sure an Admin would vouch for you but cold-adding just no.. Final point you shouldn't call the team you could be working with as "crappy" you know they could kind of take offense to it.

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying appeals or accepting reports?
    I NEVER WILL DENY IT WITHOUT LOOKING INTO IT! I don't wanna be like one of those crappy mods who sits on there ass all day and does nothing i wanna really be a good mod and look into all my cases!

Just incase you didn't realise deny and not looking are two different things. You can't deny an appeal without looking at it.
  6. trent4421

trent4421 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64497062
    That kinda bothers me a bit...
  7. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    mm I have a feeling le french spy is lying on his app.
    If you look at his profile it says he lives in Canada http://i.imgur.com/navGIiO.png
  8. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    It's been quite some time since you've submitted your application, and you still haven't received a vouch from one of our partner community admins, or from one of us.
    I'm afraid this disqualifies your application. :(

You may re-apply in the future if you can obtain the support you need.

Thank you for applying.