1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Mass Crabbing Co.

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by AwesomeX, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AwesomeX

AwesomeX New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19431058
    1. SteamRep Integration
    a. Do you run Trade Servers? Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.

198.245.60.209:27017 - 1.3 years.

b. Do you run a trade-related web application or community? List the URLs of the sites that run the SteamRep Web API and how many days each has been utilizing the API to block or mark scammers.

N/A

2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin or are you running an unofficial plugin? If so, please explain.

N/A

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/masscrabbingco

4. Please list the URL of your Steam group containing your community's administrators.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MassCrabbingCoAdmins
    The staff aren't all on the admin group just yet, as I only recently created it.

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile.

All the staff are under the ~Current Staff~ list on the official group, along with them being a Moderator/Administrator on the group , the rest will be joining the admin group soon.
    If required, I can give their SteamRep info and direct links, but as I have quite a few staff members, I'll hold off for now.

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?

We take scamming seriously at the MassCC, and anybody caught running from a bet or stealing/committing a malicious activity will be banned from the MassCC's server, and if severe enough, will be reported to SteamRep.

7. Why does your community wish to exchange banners and become a Friend of SteamRep?

The MassCC wishes to exchange banners as we have been utilizing SteamRep and the official SteamRep plugin to label any marked scammer on the server, along with labeling trade probation and trade banned players, which help to keep scamming at a minimum.

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)

N/A

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.

We use a combination of our SourceBans page. - http://198.245.60.209/bans/masscc/
    Along with the Steam group's Ban Appeal's sub-forum. - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/masscrabbingco/discussions/3/

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).

N/A

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.

I've been a fan of TF2 for a long time. And about two years ago I started to give away items and host little events of my own on various servers, I enjoyed playing and giving away items so much, after about a month and along with the added push from a few people, I created the Mass Crabbing Co.

The Mass Crabbing Co strives to create a new experience for players who wish to participate in events along with creating events themselves, players who want to bet against each other on either a Spycrab, boxing match, duel, or one of many other activities, and of course the players who just want a chance at winning some cool stuff for themselves.

After spending almost a year's time working on and off to create the MassCC's custom map, it includes many games and areas for players to explore, bet, trade, and play. And along with the staff hosting daily events for our members and new players alike to participate in, we also host weekly raffles on the Steam group that give players the chance to win Unusuals, keys, hats, and various other prizes.

12. Please post your community's desired banner (if not already on SR).
    [​IMG]
  2. AwesomeX

AwesomeX New User

Steam:
  3. Hitman Sparky

Hitman Sparky User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13772726
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. AwesomeX

AwesomeX New User

Steam:
    Oh, I wasn't quite aware that having banned users on their friends lists were an issue. Since we trade and help many different folks, they must have added them. I'll get them to sort it out.

Thanks for the heads up.
  5. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. 404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28177988
    Having banned users on your friends list doesn't mean anything. I believe you've pointed this out before somewhere else, and I said the same thing before.
  7. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Once again, you are FACTUALLY INCORRECT..

I'll quote again the same thing I told you the last time yout made that claim:

8. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    [​IMG]
    That being said "4 OR LESS" meaning that TECHNICALLY they are all within the parameters.
    Emunator and prodigyaustralia like this.
  9. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    lmao I disn't say Sparky was right, I just said 404 was wrong (for the 2nd or 3rd time regarding such).

That's all I have to say for I'd like not to derail this application anymore.
  10. AwesomeX

AwesomeX New User

Steam:
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. DAFISH#got scammed D:

DAFISH#got scammed D: Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:69854141
    And also all the staff members have 0 banned friends now ! :D
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  12. AwesomeX

AwesomeX New User

Steam:
    Recently hired a new staff member.

NextCardinal - http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198124971472

Also, I made a mistake when I posted this application, I stated that the MassCC has been running for 1.3 years, when it's actually more towards 2 years, as it's second birthday will be coming up this July.
  13. Siminator55

Siminator55 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:76193357
    I want to confirm something. I got banned from the Server for a Report which has no Proof, AwesomeX currently has Marked Scammers on his Servers playing, he has a Betting game called tic tac toe where you can only win (more proof in a report against another Owner who runs a Tic Tac Toe Server)
    Report against another Server Owner who has a Tic Tac Toe Board:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198116536922-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.87128/
    He also has a Game called Connect 4 Where you cant win either. He constantly has people on his server asking to bet every single new Player, ive played on the Server for around 7 Months.
    (Sorry if im not wanted, just sketchy that a "Partner-Community" would have 2 Games where you cant win, and even, atleast 1 Admin that I know, MasterBrawler, betting in the Game where you cant win. pretty sketchy imo)
  14. Siminator55

Steam:
    Btw, Many People on the Servers pretend to be bad in for example Tic Tac Toe, then when they play they mostly win, whatever.
  15. AwesomeX

AwesomeX New User

Steam:
    Our players are free to bet in whichever game they wish. The game you referenced "Tic-Tac-Toe" is in the Lounge's "Mini-games" section, which already has a sign stating "Not recommended for betting" so anyone who wishes to bet there is playing at their own risk. And my staff remind players of that.

There's no way to prevent *Hustling* either, we can't force someone to play their best before betting in a game, that's just silly.

As for the *Marked Scammers* we run the SteamRep plugin which gives any marked scammer a tag, as we believe it's possible for some players to be falsely marked. And we tell our members that trading with a marked scammer may have themselves marked as well.
    However, in your case. There's many, many reports against you for scamming, along with personally looking into the matter. So don't go saying there's no reason to ban you.

And even then, it's simply my server, so when it comes down to it, I'm free to banish any player I believe deserves it.
  16. Siminator55

Steam:
    Lets be honest. hosting a server with a game where you cant loose in is pretty weird. nobody says that your not allowed to trade to marked scammers. i went on an alt the other day, joined the server and a person annoyed me for around 30 mins, i know most of the admins and none of them say that you shouldnt bet in those games. And even staff members scamming users by playing games with them where they cant loose and pretending they are bad before is pretty sketchy, however i think im not wanted in this, just my opinion.
  17. Siminator55

Steam:
    And not only playing bad before the real game, for example betting 400 keys against 10 keys (got offered that when i joined) etc, because you cant loose at that game, its pretty much a free way to scam.
  18. prodigyaustralia

prodigyaustralia New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52814116
    Admins or owners can ban people from their servers how they please. Same with Steamrep, CS:GO lounge and any other website. You simply don't pay for it and don't own it dude. If you have a problem with how a server, website or community then don't use it. There are plenty of other communities and servers out there that you can use. If you're unhappy about the ban or what ever else is happening on the server contact the community/ server admins. If you feel the activities ran on the server are fraudulent then report them.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  19. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    I'm confused why you want to be an affiliate when you don't seem to put much confidence in SR tags. If you feel that the number of falsely marked scammers is large enough to warrant not banning them from your server and allowing for them to participate in betting/giveaways or w/e trade related activities occur why join the SR communities? I for one would be very uncomfortable with an affiliate that was taking such a light touch when it came to preventing people from trading/interacting with marked scammers. Unless I'm misinterpreting your statement.
    Cyborg, Salmon, Leves and 3 others like this.
  20. AwesomeX

AwesomeX New User

Steam:
    I never said I didn't have confidence in SR's tags. I'm simply saying it is indeed possible for someone to be falsely marked. Obviously the numbers of those occurrences are quite low, it does happen.

We actually hardly even get marked scammers on the server anyways, the last one I saw that joined was a couple weeks ago. But sometimes they do join, and we only ban them if they break the server's rules that everyone must abide by.
    Of course things may change in the future, I may end up setting the plugin to block any marked scammer from joining, but I'm unsure at the moment.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.