1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator Merk #SpikeyMikeyto40k's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Brother Merk, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Merk

Brother Merk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:74378780
    1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.
    | steamname: Merk #SpikeyMikeyto40k
    | steam3ID: [U:1:148757561]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:74378780
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198109023289
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/merrrkk
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198109023289

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence? I'm 18 - Timezone is GMT+0 - Nation is England/United Kingdom
    3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)? I am an 18 year old college student studying computer science and law, I work at subway as a sandwich artist and I love trading and I would like to help out the trading community
    4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator? Like I stated before, I love trading and I would like to help the trading community by marking out the scammers from the good traders. I have used SteamRep for every one of my trades and I always will no matter the outcome of this application.
    5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week? I can devote around 4-8 hours a day to SteamRep.
    6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)? I have developed many servers and administrate on them (SpikeyMikey's community server) and I have been Head Moderator on SHAG gaming community since the start to the end of it.
    7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator? As a moderator, you foresee a few problems for example, People stealing your identity for scams and people insulting you because of their ban. My overcome to this is monitoring the reports and just ignoring the insults
    8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines? Yes I do.
    9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals? I won't but then, I can't be so sure about it.
    10) Do you handle instruction and direction well? Yes I do.
    11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on? My attributes I can improve on are both resilience and drive.
    12) What contributions do you hope to be able to make? We're especially interested in previous content or experience that shows you can help educate the community on fraud prevention. I hope to contribute in making steam trading clean from scammers and scam sites. I can help educate the community by suggesting videos to watch about scamming methods and how to check if they're scammers.
    13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.) I do have interest but I doubt I'll ever be able to get there. If I ever do get there, I will keep an eye on the scam reports and appeals as-well
    14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks. I have no alternative accounts.
    15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it? Yes
    16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it? Yes I have and I do understand.
    17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there.
    18) Do you have any questions? No I don't have any questions
  2. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    You are stating you love trading but you are not very active on any trading site and neither does your backpack really amount to a lot of trading(from what I can tell). How would you describe your experience with trading and your knowledge of common scams?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  3. Brother Merk

Brother Merk New User

Steam:
    I've been a victim of a scam that's why my backpack value is low. I've been trading since I started tf2 and the only site I use is BP.tf but I'm never logged in on it. I know the common scams are middleman, steamrep admin scam and opskins scam.
  4. Brother Merk

Brother Merk New User

Steam:
    I would also describe myself as a low tier trader that has the experience of a mid-high tier trader.
  5. Brother Merk

Brother Merk New User

Steam:
    Update: I am now Admin in a trading discord what goes by the name off TF2 Trade Central
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hello, apologies for the wait. Are you still interested in the position?
  7. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Hi @Brother Merk

Thank you for your application, however due to your lack of response to the question asked above, we are declining your application.

We are sorry for the delay handling your application, and if you are interested again in the future, feel free to reapply.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.