1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Middleman trade ban

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by acidelic, Oct 17, 2015.

1. acidelic

acidelic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61698888
    How is it possible that a middleman with a big reputation to get a trade ban?http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198028141281
    Indeed, and I needed very often a middleman. All steamrep middlemans stay in Pending for 2-3 weeks ... But this did not bother me and I could not report a middleman for absolutely no reason. I understood that you did not add anyone, but should consider the level of steam and that not has a private profile.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I'm not sure of why Valve dropped a Trade Ban. SR doesn't have any official Middlemen for starters otherwise I'm not sure what your asking here besides pointing out the obvious.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Someone was trade banned either due to the high volume of items that pass through his inventory or because of the volume of reports against him, possibly because he occupies a high exposure position in the Steam/SteamRep community. Middlemen get trade banned all the time, and the issue is usually resolved as swiftly as possible.

tl;dr Not a concern.
  4. acidelic

acidelic New User

Steam:
  5. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Please read the page.

Disclaimer: Community middleman services are provided by volunteers who are recommended by the community. SteamRep provides no guarantee for their services. Any trade or transaction made with these middleman contacts is made at your own risk.
  6. acidelic

acidelic New User

Steam:
    I saw a jackpot website that has faced with trade ban. Bots, admins and some players take ban trade from Valve. After two days with full of tickets open to the steam support, Valve concluded that must remove the ban. So, I do not think he has too many trades
  7. a Gentleman

Steam:
    The process for which we middlemen remove trade bans that Steam assigns is not a concern. @Someone 2 knows what he is doing, and will be back to help the community as a middleman in no time. :)
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    have a read here: https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/35da06/steamrep_has_issues_but_you_fail_to_consider_the/

I'll quote a part from it:
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Just for the record Someone is no longer traded banned. It was a false identification, it happens with Valve from time to time. I am up to 5 trade bans now because of it.
    Enstage likes this.