1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator Moderator post application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by m3]A[, May 24, 2015.

1. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61533793
    Subject Form: m3]A[ Moderator Application

1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.
    | steamname: m3]A[
    | steam3ID: [U:1:123067587]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:61533793
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198083333315
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mihirmm
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198083333315

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence?
    I am 20 years old. India Time Zone (UTC+05:30)

3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)?
    My name is Mihir Mainkar . I am from India joined steam in 2006 i am in college studying in field on information technology . Local dota 2 tournament winner football art are my hobbies and dota 2 is my heart.

4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator?
    As i said i have been a steam user since 2006 and from years of trading experience i understood one thing that steam community has become unclean and very few sites are present to keep a check on them and ppl running such sites are few and a lot of workload burdens them hence as a part of community i would like to help steam rep in maintaining it and ease some burden from its shoulders.

5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week?
    each day about 5-6 hours as i have college to attend can be given for steam rep site.

6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)?
    i dont have any administrative experience but i assure to abide by the rules of the forum and stick to it look out for genuinity in proofs in case or reports and reviewing appeals for making community good.

7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator?
    A mod has many issues to solve:
    1.reviewing each and evry post on the forum
    2.collecting proofs (appeals and reports)
    3. updating information in case of some difficulty in the forum
    4.maintaining respect in the community and not abusing powers
    5. learn from seniors and fellow administrators

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines?
    yes i do accept that u should enforce the rules but also find the truth behind each and every posts. community is full of impersonators not everyone is guilty always so if found guilty rules should be imposed and rules should never be broken.

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals?
    NO i dont feel i will have any issue until and unless the accused and the victim provide proper proofs for each and every appeal and report.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    Yes i do if i face any problem some help or guidance from the seniors will be taken and hopefully they may help to.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    My anger are the most shortcoming in me as i have to stick to the rules of the forum and not abuse in anyway or missuse my powers it will be realy good as i have to act cool to review each post on the forum.

12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SteamRep?
    Steam rep as i stated earlier has so much work on its shoulder as being part of it would help reduce some load from it also the site is not as famous as any other site and many steam users dont know about it if they are somehow given idea on how this site works i am sure scams and fraudulent trades will be highly reduced as each trader will check other traders reputation to do safe trades

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)
    If i am given chance of becoming an sr admin i would like to do appeals and reports section as from years of experience i can understand how scams work and how people try to misguide so i would like to handle appeals and reports section.

14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks.
    | steamname: AkshAtA
    | steam3ID: [U:1:227848699]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:113924349
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198188114427
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198188114427
    this id i had made for better dota2 rank (mmr)

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    Yes i am writing this application after reading and understanding each and every rules of this forum and i agree to abide and follow them strictly.

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?
    yes i do understand them and i assure to carry them out with dedication.

17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there.
    I am applying on this site for the 1st time i have never been affiliated with any site this will be my 1st experience and hope i would be able to learn from it.

18) Do you have any questions?
    I am new on this site and i am not affiliated with any other site who can vouch for me is it necessary that any1 should vouch for me?
  2. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Captain Unicorn Smiles r/dota2trade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:55854370
    Hello Mihir,

The account you linked said it was created in 2013 but you say you've been a steam user since 2006. Can you clarify that statement, is there perhaps another account you used in the past?
    prodigyaustralia likes this.
  3. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    sorry my mistake misinterpreted the date it is 06-02-2013 date writing format on steam rep is yy-mm-dd i misinterpreted it to be dd-mm-yy i apologise for inconvinience
    its 2nd June 2013
  4. Yossef the Brony

Yossef the Brony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24859915
    There is a big difference between 2006 to 2013, just saying.
  5. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    yes i know i missinterpreted the format yy-mm-dd i read it as dd-mm-yy and i apologise for it wasnt written for exaggeration sorry there is no edit option shouldi repost my application?
  6. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Steam:
    Ok so I'm going to try to phrase this as delicately as possible.

How could you possibly not know a 7 year difference from when you joined steam? I mean I may not know the exact date I joined, but I can give you a year estimate that isn't off by +5 years... I hate to speculate here but the only reason I could see someone misreading their own joindate by that much is if they were not the original owner of the account at it's creation. Did you perhaps buy or get the account from a friend?
  7. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    respected cap unicorn smiles this issue of wrong date is creating grave problem i think do u advice me to make a new application? i am fine with it it was just done by small mistakes and wthout any intention of missguidance or something and as for fact had been playing cs 1.6 on steam but then i stoped for education purposes and i officialy made the account in 2013
  8. Captain Unicorn Smiles

Steam:
    I doubt it will be too much of an issue on the application itself now that you clarified the nature of the mistake.
  9. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    NOTE : to whomsoever it may concern
    the date in 3rd ques was typed as 2006 but my actual joining date is 2013-02-06
    i apologise for my miss take
    though if u have any issue about my experience i would like to emphasise that i am a trader not a buyer so my steam level is still 4 so i am already familiar with numerous types of scams and thank u for reading my application .
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One Appeals SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  11. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Declined due to being BANNED BY SR.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.