1. Item verification is always, 100% a SCAM! Glitched, illegal, or otherwise unsafe items don't exist.
    If you're here for an admin's "trade assistance", read this immediately or you will lose your items!!!

Declined: Moderator MrSilyBiscuit's Moderation Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by MrSillyBiscuit, Aug 27, 2016.

1. MrSillyBiscuit

MrSillyBiscuit Donator - Tier I

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:113123831
    1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.
    | steamname: MrSillyBiscuit
    | steam3ID: [U:1:226247662]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:113123831
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198186513390
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrsillybiscuit
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198186513390

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence?
    I am almost 20 (November 11, 1996) I'm in the Eastern Timezone and i live in the US

3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)?
    I'm a soldier in the US Army. I joined straight out of high school (last year). I'm currently stationed at Fort Gordon, GA but I'm being stationed in South Korea in November. I love video games and the communities involved with them. I'm definitely a people person.

4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator?
    Iv'e been scammed before and it's one of the worst feelings ever but recently my good friend got scammed for his expensive knife on CS GO. When I logged on and he told me the details of what happened I knew that if I was online i could have helped my friend because I knew it was a scam. I would love to help people trade safely and not get their items stolen.

5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week?
    30+ (5 hours on weekdays and all day on weekends)

6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)?
    I have security and Network Plus certifications that deal with keeping servers and networks safe from hackers and unwanted malicious visitors.

7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator?
    I see a lot of people coming to me with " i was scammed please help me get my items back" challenges which as far as I know can't happen. I would like to help people trade safely so that these challenges don't come up in the first place

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines?
    Yes

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals?
    no

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    Yes, I'm a soldier. All I do is follow instructions :D

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    I need to work on not being such a perfectionist. Working on things for too long trying to get them perfect when they don't have to be is time consuming and stops people from doing things that they need to do.

12) What contributions do you hope to be able to make? We're especially interested in previous content or experience that shows you can help educate the community on fraud prevention.
    I wish to inform as many people as possible about different ways they could get scammed and I'm constantly looking up different ways that people are getting scammed so I can stay up to date and educated.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do? (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)
    Yes. I would love to be more involved in the community here and be able to help more people.

14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks.
    I have one alternate
    | steamname: TheNameIsJade
    | steam3ID: [U:1:218745301]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:109372650
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198179011029
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/PurifiedWaterBottle
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198179011029

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    yes

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?
    yes

17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there.
    N/A

18) Do you have any questions?
    No
  2. MrSillyBiscuit

Steam:
    Sorry for the misspell in my name on the title
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Thank you for your service. A few questions regarding your application:

Will you be able to dedicate the same amount of time as you have listed in your application when you are based in SK?

Are your certifications on the technical side (i.e. CompTIA) or some other form of certification?

How do you know Matt (mce)? (You don't need to answer this if you don't want to :p )
  4. MrSillyBiscuit

Steam:
    I should be able to devote the same amount of time as listed if not more.
    both my certificates are from CompTIA
    I know Matt (mce) from his twitch stream twitch.tv/csgoacademy | I added him because he was good at counter strike and i needed someone to play with
  5. MrSillyBiscuit

Steam:
    UPDATE: I am now in Korea
  6. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Hope you had a smooth flight/sail!
  7. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Are you still interested in applying for this position?
  8. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Due to a lack of follow-up, I am declining this application.

Regardless, thank you for applying.