1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

My steam was hijacked, do I report this on this site?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Oddish, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oddish

Oddish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17461414
    I submitted a steam ticket and awaiting a response. My friend told me to report it on this site, but from my knowledge this is for actual in-trade scams? My e-mail was hacked, and eventually got to my steam even though I have steamguard. Sloppy on my part, I know save me the comments.

I don't have proof other than a lot of my friends reporting the guy, and all my items (including unusuals) magically appearing in this lithuanian guy's inventory who is on my hacked account's friend list. I may have proof depending on steam's response to my ticket later on, but how would I go about reporting this now (or later when i get the response)? Because it seems as though every report is through a scam in chat.

I want to ruin this guy's online life as much as possible through non-illegal routes. Can i do some of this here through SteamRep?

MY steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/keksexual

HACKER'S steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Smygolas

And if anyone is kind enough to answer these Q's:

I know I'll get my account back because I have submitted all the proof Steam has asked for in my ticket and I'm just waiting (because I know they take forever), but: When my account is back, does steam refund stolen tf2 items? Including unusuals and strange weapons? I've seen some with that success, but I don't know of the actual guarantee of returnnig stolen items.

Thank you.
  2. Starburst

Starburst New User

You can report your account hijacked here, it will be tagged so people know not to trade with it, then after you recover your account, (and verify via support ticket picture) the tag gets removed.
  3. Oddish

Oddish New User

Steam:
    I don't have any proof that it's been hijacked other than my inventory being cleared and a recently added steam friend has all my previous items. Should I just report it without pictures and whatnot?
  4. Starburst

Starburst New User

If its your account, you can report it stolen yes.
  5. Oddish

Oddish New User

Steam:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.