1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

My Thoughts and Opinions on the State of the Appeal Threads and Admins

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Existing Fault, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Existing Fault

Existing Fault Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43579554
    So...
    I have been banned 42 days ago, made an appeal the very next day. I leave it be til the 7th of May, since it was a short time and no one had made any posts on my appeal so I "bumped" and got a response from You Are The One, who asked me a few questions, of which I was stuck on one and gave it a few days thought and after responding, I responded after the Appeal had been up for a Month.

So, he locks it after I responded from the message, saying; "You misread the rules, thats when we ask a question and wait for you to followup. Rules say not to bump as well, locking until addressed.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    #15 #16;" Now technically, yes. I did break the rules a tad, but I wanted to be spoken to about this issue.

So, here is how I view the Appeal Threads and Admins, you say you need people who are trustworthy, but I believe. You do it because you want to waste the times of these people who have been marked, if you was in a mood to get more admins, you'd go through a rigorous process instead of saying; "We are always looking for more staff on SteamRep, but our requirements for trustworthiness are pretty high, and the amount of training to do an appeal is pretty steep. Its just sheer impossible with our small size of staff to keep up with everything. Before a admin is fully grown into their position it can take from 6 months to more then a year. All in the meantime also having to deal with admins who retire out of SteamRep. Telling us to hire more is just not that simple with our application process that we have in place, and we cannot lower our standards;" To conclude, I feel like SteamRep shouldn't have to do a lot of this s✿✿✿ just to have admins to view and assess appeal threads and I feel like as the current situation of SR doesn't seem to be showing signs of improving, that this site may as well close and not open until its took a long look in the mirror and realised that its ruined itself, TREMENDOUSLY.
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    It sounds like if you had read the appeal tips fully before appealing, you would not have had this issue of bumping the thread..and thus would not be complaining that the steamrep admins have "ruined" themselves.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    You should take a long look in the mirror yourself. Perhaps examine your motivations for being a dishonest person who scams. I see that the appeal you posted was a 'change of heart' appeal, so you even admit to attempting to scam.
    Just because you made an appeal doesn't mean your appeal will get accepted. Like YATO said, [ "change of heart" is kinda like "no contest" ]. Best of luck with your appeal.

You also broke another rule by posting this thread. Refer to number 3. Please refrain from doing so again.
    Aiur 2 and Edward. like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.