1. Don't click any links in Steam chat. Scammers are sending links with special characters that look exactly like real Steam-related websites.

Declined National Heavy Boxing League

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by The Gentlemann's Fedora, Nov 15, 2017.

1. The Gentlemann's Fedora

The Gentlemann's Fedora National Heavy Boxing League owner Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44524173
    Links:

Name of your community: National Heavy Boxing League
    Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable):
    Please link your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum: http://www.steamcommunity.com/groups/nationalheavyboxingleague
    Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable):

Staff and groups:

Link to PUBLIC Steam group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/nationalheavyboxingleague
    Link to admin-only Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nationalheavyboxingleaguestaff
    Any staff not found in above admin group:
    All staff are up to date in this group (as of date shown on group description)​

SteamRep integration:

Do you run Trade Servers? Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.
    192.223.26.33:27035​

Do you run a trade-related web application or community? List the URLs of the sites that run the SteamRep Web API and how many days each has been utilizing the API to block or mark scammers.

Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin or are you running an unofficial plugin? If so, please explain.

Tell us about your community:

What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities
    Any application submitted to the NHBL at any position (Heavy Boxer, Referee, Commentator, Livestreamer) has to provide their SteamRep link. Before we view anything else submitted, we check to make sure no mark is prevalent on their SteamRep profile. If any VAC ban and/or SteamRep mark is on their profile, we reject their application. Our 24/7 Heavy Boxing Server is also set to ban anybody that connects to the server with a SteamRep mark.​

What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities
    We are currently a Friend community of SteamRep since June and wish to become a Partner community to better the relationship we already hold with SteamRep. The National Heavy Boxing League has a firm stance against scamming in the Steam Community. We believe with our platform, as the premier level of Heavy Boxing in the Team Fortress 2 community, that we can fully spread the importance of using SteamRep with every trade and encourage all members of our league to make informed decisions about whom they conduct transactions with. And, if we get a proper transparent image, we will happily layer the SteamRep logo into the Harpoon Gaming Superdome for every tournament, further displaying to those in-server and on our broadcasts that SteamRep protects the integrity of the Steam Community and the NHBL "Fist."​

Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.
    I founded the NHBL in 2012 after coordinating Heavy Boxing matches in a skybox with random people, making sure nobody interfered and that everything was orderly. I knew from that moment forward that competitive Heavy Boxing could become something much bigger than just a trade-server feature or a game night event. I've had the incredible pleasure of leading the National Heavy Boxing League for 5 years, helping to maintain the true spirit of Heavy Boxing and giving the TF2 community another fun and competitive outlet to enjoy.

If any questions are needed to be answered, I will do my best to check back here and answer. The current banner used for us in the Friend community section is sufficient for Partner status, if we gain approval. Thank you for your consideration!​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I mean no disrespect in asking, but you're already a friend community: what do you hope to accomplish by upgrading your affiliation to a partnership? The National Heavy Boxing League doesn't currently accept any scam reports, as far as I know, and compared to many of our other partners, is a bit small. What do you feel you can contribute to our cause that you wouldn't otherwise accomplish as a friend community?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. The Gentlemann's Fedora

Steam:
    As I mentioned in my application, we believe we can spread the message of SteamRep to our members on all levels by officially promoting we're a Partner of SteamRep. It's representative of how major sports leagues in North America support non-profit organizations all the time, and we believe you're one of the best non-profits to support and hopefully call our Official Partner.
  4. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    But how is that any different? Other than having a green tag on your SteamRep profile and being able to issue your own tags on behalf of your community, there isn't much functional difference between friend and partner communities. What would that change do for you that a friend community status can't?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. The Gentlemann's Fedora

Steam:
    We wish to promote SteamRep in the best way possible on our broadcasts and around our community and believe Partner status is the best way to do so. We plan to put your SteamRep logo into the Harpoon Gaming Superdome and provide additional advertising on broadcasts, which ascetically looks better to the viewer's eye to say "Partner of" than "Friend Community of." It's like how North American sports leagues support charities as "Official Partner of" and not as "Friend of," as the latter sounds less appealing than the former (if I used latter and former in the appropriate sense).
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    There's nothing stopping you from using our logo to endorse us though. In promoting us, I'd suggest the term "SteamRep Affiliate" rather than "Friend Community". We used to call friend communities "affiliates" before it was renamed. You're also welcome to suggest other names for the program if that's an issue.
  7. The Gentlemann's Fedora

Steam:
    From a marketing standpoint, it looks better on both ends for us to be a Partner community. Having the highest level of affiliation possible allows us to better present our affiliation with you to viewers, members, and sponsors. It also allows you to have special access to NHBL events (reserved slots, potential naming rights to a tournament, and other negotiable deals).
  8. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 Neonheights admin Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    From a 3rd party reading this, I'm a little confused how having the highest level of affiliation possible allows you to better present your affiliation to your users? Or rather, how being a friend community doesn't allow you to present affiliation in the best way?
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Do you have any other reasons? I don't know how we can justify setting up NHBL-specific tags for your community, or giving you privileged access to our database, simply because you want "the highest level of affiliation possible" for "marketing purposes".
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. The Gentlemann's Fedora

Steam:
    If a viewer watches one of our broadcasts and hears "SteamRep: Official Affiliate of the NHBL," they'll be confused and wonder why we did not just say "Official Partner." It's not in the normal vocabulary of viewers of a sport and/or e-sport broadcast to hear "Officiall Affiliate," so we want to make it sound as normal and streamlined as possible to prevent any confusion among users.
  11. The Gentlemann's Fedora

Steam:
    We plan to fully promote SteamRep if we are given Partner status and can provide reserved slots to NHBL events whenever requested. We will advertise SteamRep every tournament broadcast and place your logo into the Harpoon Gaming Superdome, further spreading the message of SteamRep to our viewers, members, and sponsor's members. We currently do not promote SteamRep being a Friend community for the reasons I listed above to Roudydogg1, as it will confuse our viewers from the normal vocabulary used on broadcasts.
  12. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat Backpack.tf admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    It seems to me that SR is more well-known and has more name recognition in the trading community than NHBL. Are you sure you're not the ones who want to benefit from the promotion? :p

I'll also note that you already have Steamrep listed as "Official Partners" on your steam group, so your semantic arguments aren't really preventing you from stating that...

nhbl.png
  13. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    Your community isn't geared towards anything that would make use of/benefit from tools/upgrades available for partner communities
  14. The Gentlemann's Fedora

Steam:
    If you notice in parenthesis, it says "Official Friend Community." It's only listed under "Partner Communities" currently as that is the most correlated section to put it under without randomly listing SteamRep somewhere.

I fully acknowledge that the NHBL could see more benefits from us becoming a Partner community, but the goal is to equally benefit each other. The league advertises SteamRep in broadcasts to spread the message, we get the perks of being a Partner community. It seems like a mutually beneficial agreement from our perspective, but it's ultimately up to the Head Council in this regards.
  15. The Gentlemann's Fedora

Steam:
    We would utilize the tools and upgrades made available to us in any applicable way, whether it be reviewing scam reports on those who wish to participate in league affairs, showing staff member's trustworthy status through the green SteamRep mark, or any other function Partner communities are allowed to utilize.
  16. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm sorry, but after reviewing the pros and cons of a partnership as presented in your application, we decided there wasn't sufficient cause to convert your community to partner status.
    KeRRR and Roudydogg1 like this.