1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need help in trading

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by SkLou, Aug 8, 2016.

1. SkLou

SkLou New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:99317067
    Hello there, I'm SkLou and I need some help in csgo trading.

So, I am trying to trade something, you know, to get some profit with it. I know the basics, even more than simple basics, but it is super hard for me to actually trade. I have some traders in my friendlist, they say that you can easily enough buy items for less and sell them for their normal price. The problem is, I just cannot find anyone, who wants to sell an item for 85% of its price which is even a high enough price for item in trading. I even tried to pay 95-100%, still pretty hard to find, even then my trade was something like [H]15k [W] ANY offers(not a specific item, but any item for that price).
    I managed only to trade up from 26k to 29k. 3k profit, but knowing that I bought all of theese 26 doesn't make me feel better. Currently, I have 20k worth knife(stuck), I sold other keys to the market so I could buy some games during the steam sale.

It is depressing to see people in your friendlist who trades up from 5Euros to something like 100 in a bunch of days, also, then they say it is possible to do that.

I want answers, why I can't find any trades, where I can pay for the item a lower(or at least normal) its price, then my traders friends say it is not so hard, and HOW should I find them. Will be really thankful! :)

Have a good day.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We're not about where to find your "best' buy trades etc. Only about safe trading. We simply do not offer this kind of advice.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Donator, Moderating, SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members).**
    Enstage likes this.
  3. SkLou

SkLou New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:99317067
    Hi, SilentReaper,

yes, I know what this site is about :) . Just, I don't really know where else would be a trustworthy and intelligent community. In reddit, there people are not interested in low guys as me at all(besides that, in r/globalofensivetrade it is not really allowed to ask a question like this, I don't want to risk to get a ban, it seems the only normal place to trade if you are able to trade up to expensive items, soo :/)

Just hoping, that I'll get some, maybe a tiny advice.
  4. Rui

Rui Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53875948

I can't recall any of us have banned an user for asking any questions, as we have the question tag there for this very reason.
    schmed, Roudydogg1 and Enstage like this.
  5. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Reddit :D

"Trade up", what? Nowadays you can barely trade up anything because 99% of the traders are trading for profit or they want a ridiculous overpay.
  6. Princess Silva

Princess Silva New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87372737
    That's all because people want to obtain expensive pixels, by any means necessary.