1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need Help.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by UMadBro?! Keys-1.48$, Jun 13, 2012.

1. UMadBro?! Keys-1.48$

UMadBro?! Keys-1.48$ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25766103
    Hello there, im kinda new to this forum, so im be simple on my question.

1 month ago, a guy called Carter ( well known scammer ) added me, saying that he would sell me cheap buds. I didnt think anything was wrong there, so since i had no paypal balance and had way more rep then him, asked him if he could " trust me", give me the buds, i would sell them ( for more ofc ), and give him his cut. Basically, i did this with 20+ buds. I made some profit until i had money to buy my own bud ( with my own money ). I never check his steamrep because he told me he was a donator somewhere, even linked me to a place where i dont remember where, so i believed in him and thought he was being honest. Everything cool, until today.

I got charged backed by some dude who bought buds from me, for the ammount of 200$ approx. Its the 3rd time this happens, so i decided not to let it go this time and had an idea. Since Carter was the only person i traded for real money, i chargedback him, with NO INTENTION OF KEEPING THE MONEY ( and not being aware that he was a scammer). I just wanted to see what Paypal would do in this case, since i lost the money from the other 2 disputes. And so i did. I charged backed him for the ammount of approx 750$. ( never thought it went that high , tbh). The thing is, he thought i was scamming him even after i told him i wasnt, " just testing out Paypal reaction", and he reported me. I got no support from the community because everyone says i wanted to keep the money for myself. Honestly. I had 10 pages of flawless rep on SOP and 140+comments on my profile. Im a friend of everyone. I didnt want to keep the money for myself, but after finding out what Carter had done in the past and now being considered a scammer, i thought i should continue with the dispute on Paypal because he stole lots of ppl including " Reaper", you can see the appeal on his steamrep:

http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198025669561 ( Hijack ).

So, i decided that if i win this dispute i can prove / do 2 things. 1st- Paypal is wrong, and so is their policy. Because they give money back to robbers. ( Im not a robber just trying to see the right thing to be done ). And second, i wanted to give the money of the dispute to the guys who got robbed by Carter. So, basically, i dont know what to do now, because i think i am right, but i need some SR admins and other admins to take care of this and help me out. On one way, i wanna give back the money to the robbed guys, on the other hand, even if a scammer, the money was on his balance. So i dont know what to do.

Please help me, i just dont wanna get in trouble because i wanted to make sure i was right about Paypal.

Thank you,
    Fuchen
  2. UMadBro?! Keys-1.48$

Steam:
    I talked to him, and i think he was right when he did that. If you see someone getting scammed, dont you wanna help them? This is the way i found out to help the guys that got robbed.
  3. UMadBro?! Keys-1.48$

Steam:
    So do you think i should cancel all the disputes?
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    You cant expect to do such stuff without repercussions...
    - Trading with scammers
    - chargebacking
    etc

Ideally you should have contacted a SR admin to discuss it before doing any action.
  5. UMadBro?! Keys-1.48$

Steam:
    Thank you for your reply Silent,

1st- i never knew he was a scammer, he told me he was a Donator and all of that, even showed me the website, ( dont have the link tbh ), so i didnt know really he was a scammer, only knew it yesterday because i got charged backed and saw his rep.
    I charged backed him so i could prove paypal that " The robbers always take what they want", and that is true. I already canceled all the disputes i opened because i realised after a night of sleeping that it wasnt the best way to prove it. Carter being a scammer or not, doesnt give me the right to judge him or use his money to solve my problems, it was selfish on my behalf.

This was im sorry for this trouble and ill try to fix things, although thinking that punishing scammers and retrieving robbed items is the best sollution. ( But its just my oppinion ).

On my concern i wont deal with scammers again, just keep cool and hope everything will fix again.
    Thank you all. Good game.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I meant when you found out...
  7. UMadBro?! Keys-1.48$

Steam:
    I only found out yesterday when the disputes were opened.
    Swear to God.
    And i gave him his money back, sent an email to paypal, did the right thing. Gonna make an appeal now.