1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

New scam/bot. This is bad...

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by *Camo Style TheCSGObotCom, Jan 5, 2018.

1. *Camo Style TheCSGObotCom

*Camo Style TheCSGObotCom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:129312488
    There is a new scam method. Its automated and really, really bad...

This only affects people that sell stuff for $ (Meaning one side of the trade has to be empty).
    Okay so Buyer (B) sends over the money to the Seller (S). The seller gets the money and accepts the trade, but when you have to accept the authenticator thing nothing is there. When you then go back to your trade offers, you can see that the offer was declined and there is a new one there, with the same name on profile + same picture, with the exact same items. But this time its from a bot, the scammer. If you go onto the bots profile, you can see the bot changing name and picture all the time, and the bots profile is filled with new items all the time, and 80% of the time, the bot has a OPSkins picture + name. I think this is a plugin for Safari that might come from one of those fake OPskins adds.

This is one of the scamaccounts and it seems to be working for them since the number of skins is increasing each hour.
    (removed)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hi, I removed the Steam profile link from your post. We don't name and shame here outside of scam reports. If you want to report a scam, you'll have to fill out the scam report form.

That said, after reading it over a couple times, I couldn't understand what you were describing. Impersonation isn't really anything new, and is especially common with bots or high profile members of the community. And scammers have always been really crafty about how to insert their fake alt into trades. But if you can make a proper scam report, you can clarify what you're trying to explain over there and someone will probably take a look shortly.
  3. *Camo Style TheCSGObotCom

Steam:
    Oh. This is new. This is a virus/program. Its automated scams. Its not manual impersonation. I can show you in video.
  4. *Camo Style TheCSGObotCom

Steam:
    The problem is that there its no one to file a report against. It´s a bot. Check it.
    [Media Removed]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2018
  5. *Camo Style TheCSGObotCom

Steam:
    Lets say you wanna lend your skins to a friend or sell em or what ever.

1. You friend sends you an offer. Looks like it always does.

2. You accept

3. When you go to confirm. There is nothing there

4. A new offer i generated by the bot/virus. With your friends photo and steamname.

5. But this is a bot/scamaccount
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    They've been doing this for a while now. I have also removed your video link. Please refer to Lava's post as to why.
  7. MR.TREX

MR.TREX New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:182516329
    do u kno how to get rid of them cause i just lost over 150 dollars
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    You don't. They're spammers and crooks, nobody wants them to begin with. They exist only to steal from people to make money for themselves. You can only respond by learning to recognize them and not falling for their tricks.
  9. riya

riya New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:113575880
    I know the solution for this. basically your steam ac is hacked and the hacked has access to your steam username and pass. better contact steam support or log out of all deviices and change the password.
  10. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Original poster hasn't been online for over a month. Please don't necropost.
    [M&C] TheBluekr likes this.