1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

New scam site?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Knubble!, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Knubble!

Knubble! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52926971
    I was added yesterday by someone, who had a link to the site LINK REMOVED in his name. The account seemed kind of fishy, but courious as always I took a look.

Surprisingly it looked like a very legit gambling site. On a closer look you can see that it is a scam though, the deposit bot is fishy, the chat is from some other csgo-lotto site and the pots are WAY too big.

I have no idea what the plans of the creators of this site are, but I just stumbled upon it and found nothing about it. Since nobody actively tried to scam me and the scam is basically coming from a website I have no idea on how to report this.

just putting this out there, have a good one guys and be careful

also the faq has stuff in it like: newcomers have to win twice to receive their items, probably a rather complex scam where the system makes it look like you won a lot to force another deposit.

this is where I found the link:
    LINK REMOVED

I usually would not take the time for this, but the site's surface looks very legit, I guess loads of kids will fall for this
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2018
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Quite simply, there is no such thing.

Valve has made it very clear that gambling websites are not allowed in Steam. Any "legit" website (if you could call it that) would quickly get shut down. The ones you continue to find are from spammers, who promote their sites faster than Valve can remove the links, attempting to scam as many people as possible.

What you described here has been going on for a very long time now, and websites like this are a dime a dozen. They pop up by the hundred overnight, automatically generated from a template that's bought and sold on the black market designed to make them look legitimate and enticing for children. There are several variations on how scammers convince you to quickly deposit items into the scam site, but there is zero chance you will actually get anything regardless of apparent winnings.

I removed the links from your post to prevent others from following them and inadvertently getting scammed.
  3. Knubble!

Knubble! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52926971
    that's true. It sucks to see how how many people are falling for this though. The sites bot has gained about 400$ in value in the last 2 hours alone.

Was unaware this has been a thing, first time I saw it
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Unless they got that from you or someone you know, the $400 you saw may well have been fake. These websites always display a bunch of fake jackpot winnings and chat messages to mislead victims into thinking it's a popular site.