1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

New Scam?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by XS | Rain, Aug 19, 2017.

1. XS | Rain

XS | Rain New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:151031472
    So I was searching csgolounge.com today and looking for some deals so I can get rid of my M9 Bayonet l Safari Mesh (Minimal Wear), and I found this guy that had a Karambit l Blue Steel (Field-Tested). Added him to talk about it and maybe get a deal on it, I opened a trade window and we added the items, all good. I go at the mobile confirmation, and he said that he accidentally declined. So I trade him again we add the same items + my background that really didn't matter for me, we accept and then I go at the mobile confirmation, I checked to see if the knife is there and it was. After I accepted it showed up saying 3 new items in your inventory, pretty weird since we traded 4 items for 2. So I look in my inventory and I see that I got no knife from the trade. I check again the trade and now there was no karambit...? How did this work... Is it even possible?

Attached Files:

2. XS | Rain

XS | Rain New User

Steam:
  3. XS | Rain

XS | Rain New User

Steam:
    He traded them afterwards or did something with them since they are not in his inventory anymore.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You're describing a possible Quickswitch scam...a old scam HOWEVER - this is difficult to say the user is guilty so careful here.
    Without proper evidence showing certain things and the user sneaking a different item to you vs what you agreed upon there is no scam.
    If someone drops an offer you need to have THEM resend the offer... not you. Also make sure in the agreement you state exactly what item and by that I mean if its a CSGO item for example..make 100% sure you state - FIELD TESTED or WELL WORN ...and the complete name for what you are getting and vise versa otherwise if you just say AK... then the float value is irrelevant at that point.
    You can argue values all day long till your blue in the face but it must show the exact agreement and the user declining an offer needs to be the one sending a new one if they broke off the initial.
    Remember Valve gives you multiple ways to CONFIRM a trade - don't just quickly go into your phone and verify the trade cause you are getting a good deal and you don't wanna lose it.. you need to check each item out properly then verify - that is what its for.

So you're "m9 for karambit" comment as an agreement isn't going to fly... You need to type out the exact name of these items.
    Example... I didn't just go buy an escape... I went and purchased a 2017 Ford Escape SE 4WD 2.0L ecoboost.

And lastly - you're question is basically just you making a report in the wrong area.... you should have just made the report and awaited the outcome.
  5. XS | Rain

XS | Rain New User

Steam:
    What Certain things do I need, I am new to steamrep and found out about it from a friend... I will provide all the information needed that I have and I will try to be helpful.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691