1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator Ntbol's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Ntbol, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Ntbol

Ntbol New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51403031
    Greetings!

1) SteamRep ID block pasted from your SR profile.
    | steamname: Ntbol
    | steam3ID: [U:1:102806063]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:51403031
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063071791
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ntbol
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198063071791

2) Are you at least 18 years of age? Timezone and nation of residence?
    I am currently 17 years old. I live in the United States within the Eastern time zone.

3) Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)?
    Im currently a senior in high school, with my favorite subjects being; programming, history, and mathematics. I am planning on doing a PG(Post Grad.) year before going off the college. Once at college I hope to study cyber security with a minor in computer science or business administration.

Some of my favorite hobbies include; web/graphic design, CTF competitions(cyber security comps.), web development, hiking, skiing, cycling, 1A yoyoing, and playing strategy games on the side.

4) Why do you want to become a SteamRep moderator?
    I want to become a SteamRep moderator since I enjoy gaining more higher level experience in an area that really interest me. The whole idea that you are "protecting" a community from wrong is something to make myself proud to be putting time into.

5) How much time can you devote to SteamRep per week?
    I can devote 10 - 15 hours towards SteamRep per week(Depends on the week)

6) Do you have any prior administrative experience, or similar (please elaborate)?
    Yes, I am a moderator for a popular TF2 betting website, called Saloon.TF. Here I help make sure the users are playing fairly and/or following the rules. I try not to land down the hammer initially, unless it is absolutely necessary.(I try to solve it with reason, before being to quick and judging on first impressions)

7) What challenges do you foresee if you become a moderator?
    A challenge I foresee if I become a SR moderator is over some on the line decisions. I hope this skill will become stronger the more appeals/work I do for SteamRep.

8) Can you accept the fact that you must enforce SteamRep rules and guidelines?
    Yes, I believe the rules and guidelines of SteamRep are important, which should be enforced when needed.

9) Do you feel you will have any issues denying / accepting reports and appeals?
    I think, initially I may have little bumps in the road. Once I get comfortable with the duty of a SR moderator, these decisions will come with instinct.

10) Do you handle instruction and direction well?
    Yes.

11) What do you feel are your personal shortcomings or attributes you can improve on?
    Of course, I believe we all need to improve on some aspects of our life, I am no different. I hope during my time as a SR moderator, I will be able to grow in fraud detection and finding evidence on a "suspicious" account.

12) What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to SteamRep?
    I hope I can contribute a tool set of problem solving, a strong desire to learn, helpfulness, and creativity.

13) Do you have any interest in eventually becoming an SR Admin? If so, what kinds of things would you like to do?
    (Example- community relations, appeals, scam reports, etc.)
    If I got the chance to become a SteamRep admin, I would love to part-take in fraud detection, appeals, and community relations.

14) Please list all alternate Steam accounts using SteamRep ID blocks.
    This is my only Steam account.

15) Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it?
    Yes.

16) Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it?
    Yes.

17) (If applicable) List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin), also give a link to the account(s) there.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/saloon (w/ the account) http://steamcommunity.com/id/ntbol

18) Do you have any questions?
    Not at this time.

Thank you for taking the time and reading my application.
    - Ntbol
  2. Ntbol

Ntbol New User

Steam:
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Notes:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Best of luck!
  5. Ntbol

Ntbol New User

Steam:
    Thank you for the words, Gentleman!
  6. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Hi there, thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Steamrep staff! Unfortunately we currently have a policy that requires applicants to be 18 years of age or older, so I will have to decline your application.

Regardless, thank you for applying!