1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Obvious scammer much harder to detect?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by gukingofheart, May 18, 2013.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Anyone else see the new steam look?
    You can see the person's game list, but I can't find their join date.
    Unless if I load up the steamrep site(and it works 24/7), I can't tell if a user is new (like 3 months or less) or an old member.

How can we tell if their obvious or not besides their game list?
  2. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658158
    Well you can view their badges and see if they have the 1 year badge and it can give you a rough estimate of then they joined. But i cant seem to find a join date for users as well unless i view them on SR.
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Yes it is a step-backwards in many respects, at least in terms of being able to check profile info that might people decide if a trader is reputable.

Certainly Steam Join date is harder to see, and unless you have a reasonable level, it does not directly allow you to display "info" without a user going to trouble of clicking an additional link and of course the Friend List is way down the bottom. There are other problems too of course.

I guess in the end, they want to put those things which most relate to the new features in a prominent place, it does make it harder for people who need to check basic account info sadly.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Ohh goody, more bans.
  5. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Ah a man who cuts straight to the chase :)

Yeah upshot will be more people not able to check crap out, and more scams I am sure.