1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

One of your members

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by dingo, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dingo

dingo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8142472
    Hi, I was playing a saxton hale server and one of your members, Scream was being very rude. My friend thought it would be funny to troll him and copied his name as his own. He then informed me that he had reported my friend on steamrep as a "scammer". I don't care about tf2 trading and neither does my friend. I'd just like it if the little trading kids didn't go around reporting people because he got mad.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't even see a community admin named "Scream"? Also if this person got "Butt hurt" over a troll in a game server after they were really being rude (which is typical anymore) then this person has other issues. Most servers have rules against impersonation - perhaps you should address this with the owner of that server if you feel there is more to the story..at the same time this section I don't believe is for this type of complaint nor is secondary complaints on behalf of someone the way to go.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We handled the definition of impersonation: abusing someone's known reputation to impersonate and gain false trust. I dont know "scream" or w/e he is. If he's having a lot of rep and it was impersonation by definitions of:
    - Name matching
    - profile copied
    etc, depends on the report and the way of contact etc for it to be of significance what is relevant. In basic the name and avatar is enough.
  4. dingo

dingo New User

Steam:
    He repeatedly talked about this website as if it were some gift from god, I'm just saying you should keep people like that under check if you want this thing so succeed. I just made this post so my friend would not receive a bad rep and so annoying kids like this would stop
  5. Starburst

Starburst New User

Maybe you didn't understand what the others said, no one by that name works for steamrep or is apart of any community that is associated with steamrep.
  6. dingo

dingo New User

Steam:
    Maybe you don't understand my post he is a member on your forums I never said he was an admin
  7. Starburst

Starburst New User

The person your referring to has never even posted on this site, how are we to "keep people like that under check". You are a bigger nuisance then the person your complaining about.
  8. polyvore

polyvore Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41853675
  9. jameless

jameless Guru Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19765576
    Hey, where is SPUF's website again? One of the steam members is annoying and Steam should really keep him in check.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    pure boredom of this thread made me close it...

please refrain making new ones for non-entertaining purposes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.