1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Paypal Chargeback time limit

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by cel.money, Jul 24, 2014.

1. cel.money

cel.money New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:82976661
    Hello guys
    How long is possible to do charback for steam virtuals items from paypal . Because i have a problem i wanna try to sell some steam items throught paypal but i have heard about charbacks so i would like to protect myself so my question is : How long is possible to make charback ? Also i would apreciate some tips which kind of payment should i use to avoid risk from charback (im from middle of Europe) . Thanks guys
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Ive personally had a chargeback that was 45 days from the time of purchase.
    Paypal is not a secure way to do cash trades. The safest would probably be direct bank transfer. Alot of people like Bitcoin or Webmoney. Do your research and always use a middleman. Make sure you do a complete background check on the middleman. Hope this helps.
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    PayPal states that a buyer can submit a dispute within 120-days of a purchase. I've seen chargebacks even older than that when credit cards or banks are involved and not just PayPal.
  5. cel.money

cel.money New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:82976661
    Ok thanks for advice .
  6. MonTE carLO

MonTE carLO New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6412524
    so if i use webmoney they cant charge back or do anything to get the money back after they have transferred it?
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    No idea, I'm not familiar with WebMoney and their policies.
    The one it is for sure, is BitCoin, but that need "confirms" etc.
  8. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    Bitcoin is technically the safest way. There is no way to charge back a purchase and you retain some form of anonymity. With PayPal and other payment methods, either the service itself grants charge backs or they can be forced to charge back the money through the offender's credit card company or bank. This is substantially harder with Bitcoin, hence it technically being the safest way as I stated above.