1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Please Help Me :(

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Ronald Reagan, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:24381024
    Can someone please help me, I know this isn't the right section to post in but I really really need help, I got scammed for my Genuine Archimedes, I can explain the situation in a seperate post to report but I took a bunch of screenshots of the trade but I can't access them every time I try to get to the clip board only my most recent screen shot appears. Can someone please help me how can I find these on my computer I have windows 7 and I really want to report this and see if I can get my item back somehow because it is all my hard work I've done in this game
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

clipboard only holds the last "clipboarded" image. Clipboard is just that, where only 1 "thing" can be saved at a time, and as soon as you "save" something else in there, the old one gets overwritten.

the proper action is:
    - Open a number of mspaint programs the same time
    - screen 1 thing of what you want
    - directly paste it in a mspaint program open.
    - screen the next thing that you want
    - paste that in the next mspaint program open
    - etc

once done, go to the mspaint programs, and SAVE it as a FILE on EACH mspaint program.
    ============================
    /edit:
    Way more easy to use is the "Snipping tool", its default installed in windows 7.
  3. Ronald, to clearift what Data is saying:

When you use the Prt Scr (Print Screen) button you will COPY that as a picture, if you COPY AGAIN it will get overwritten and the old picture dissapears.
    Try copying text more then once and you see only the last one you copied is still there, this is the same but just pictures.

What you should do is have to program Paint on, then you press Print Screen and then go to the Paint program and click Ctrl + V. So press the Ctrl buttong simultaneously (at the same time) as you press the V button. Then you have PASTED IT.
    Now you need to save that picture, and then do the same thing again by Print Screening what you want a photo of and paste it.

Pro Tip: Use alot of Paint programs at the same time and save time as Data sade.

I hope this helped or you can just ask if there is something you dont understood.
  4. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Dowload Jing: simple
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

6. Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:24381024
    So basically I'm screwed :/?
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Report it to Valve using Support Ticket - they can replace the item or at least give you another code to obtain it.
  8. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    that's not 100% certain. Most of the time they don't but sometimes they do.
  9. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    "they can replace the item or at least give you another code to obtain it"

never said "they will" ;)
  10. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    you're right, didn't mean to imply you were wrong, just clarifying :)