1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Posting a Mod Application problem.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Патето Яки CSGOFAST.COM, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Hey. When I try to post my Moderator Application an error pops up - Error 520. Here a picture of the error.

Attached Files:

2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
  3. Still doesn't work.
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Copy paste into a new thread attempt.
  5. Still doesn't work.
  6. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hmm, maybe just a random glitch?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    There's an uncommon bug that causes Cloudflare errors when submitting a thread. As a workaround, you can copy and paste your application, submit a mostly empty post in the moderator board, and then paste your full application as a reply. I can clean it up from there.
    Sniper Pro likes this.
  8. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    I've had issues with specific formatting from copy-pasting out of google docs giving issues with posts before.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Things that work:
    - Copy-paste it into a notepad (removes any formatting), remove all the weird characters outside the numbers and the normal alphabet, copy it from the notepad into the post.
    - Make a near empty post, and right away hit edit, paste, and apply.
    - suggested from above: make the text in the reply to your own opening post.

The "sanity" checker of Xenforo forums in combination with/or Cloudflare doesn't like some characters or codes etc.
    Enstage likes this.
  10. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    It happens with me when I use certain BBCode in conjunction with some phrases that seem to trigger it, remove all bold/italic/underlined stuff and submit, then quickly go and edit it back in (so basically do what SilentReaper said).