1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

PPM.TF (Legacy)

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by PyroProtectMe, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyroProtectMe

PyroProtectMe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5201122
    1. SteamRep Integration
    a. Do you run Trade Servers? Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.

SR plugin configurations set to permanently ban by SID32 and by IP.

68.232.163.84 ------------ (440+ days since Oct 2012 Server #1) All-Trade
    8.6.2.222 ------------------- (410+ days since Nov 2012 Server #2) All-Trade
    68.232.169.106 ----------- (410+ days since Nov 2012 Server #3) Unusual-Trade
    66.55.137.175 ------------- (200+ days since late July 2013 Server #4) All-Trade
    66.55.154.12 --------------- (200+ days since late July 2013 Server #5) All-Trade
    195.122.135.24 ----------- (200+ days since late July 2013 Server #6) All-Trade
    195.122.134.167 ---------- (200+ days since late July 2013 Server #7) All-Trade
    192.184.81.187 ----------- (170+ days since early Aug 2013 Server #8) Payload Rotation

b. Do you run a trade-related web application or community? List the URLs of the sites that run the SteamRep Web API and how many days each has been utilizing the API to block or mark scammers.

N/A

2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin or are you running an unofficial plugin? If so, please explain.

N/A

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PyroProtectMeTradeServer

4. Please list the URL of your Steam group containing your community's administrators.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PPM-Staff

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile (e.g. HelenAngel - http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197977521239)

N/A

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?

With proper evidence all scammers are permanently banned from all PPM servers.

Additionally as part of the server rules, it is posted in-server and at the PPM.tf website, "Scamming and Scamming related activities are strictly prohibited. We believe in SteamRep.com and scammers will be reported."

We encourage the community to report any scamming & scamming-related activities. We have a PPM forum in place for the community to make a Scam Report for incidents that happen within the PPM community. The staff actively educates each other and the community on ways to combat scammers & scammer-related activities to maintain a safer trading community. Any scam related incidents that are reported to us that occur outside of PPM we are obligated to assist them in properly reporting it to SteamRep.

7. Why does your community wish to exchange banners and become a Friend of SteamRep?

It is known that SteamRep selflessly puts in long un-paid hours to fight against scammer activity. It is a long hard fight and we all need to fight side-by-side. To be affiliated with SteamRep will give us the reinforcements to continue our battle against scammers.
    I feel it is my obligation as a server owner to promote ethical trading practices and to have a good moral standard. The PPM Staff and the PPM Community work together to fight against scammers. Furthermore I am very open to ideas and opportunities that can possibly help SteamRep in its needs and goals.

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)

http://ppm.tf

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.

http://bans.ppm.tf

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).

http://stats.ppm.tf

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.

Back in July/August 2012 when I did my most active trading, I visited numerous trade servers, and most were a breeding ground for scamming related activities. I witnessed people getting scammed and it was not enjoyable. So I decided to start my own trade servers with the goal of having "active quality staff", "solid server rules", and a safe and informative place for traders". With these core values in mind PPM has been growing from day 1. Starting with 1 server, now PPM has 8.

PPM Trade Servers primary goal is to provide a safe and fun trading environment.

12. Please post your community's desired banner (if not already on SR). Banners should be 225x48.

http://ppm.tf/images/2014.png

2014.png
  2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. AZIMAGE

AZIMAGE New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47798695
    All my times on the PPM Servers were brief but I can tell you that I have never seen an admin say things like that, get us some solid proof too. Your text really means nothing to me imo. The people there have a large community with very good staff that know what they are doing. They offer great donor ranks and stuff for members to enjoy and are very strict and serious when it comes to there administration ( In a good way ). I'm surprised this wasn't accepted in a heartbeat, but PPM I can only wish you the best of luck.
  4. (Derp) Cookie Monster

(Derp) Cookie Monster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25434707
    Okay, It has came to my attention that somebody named Roman got mod on ppm. So basically my story with him is I decided to crab my 1 bud unusual against his 1 bud Knife. If it is craftable it is worth a bud. If it is nocraftable its worth s✿✿✿. Anyway I lost, I was fine with that and said good game. Later that week I see him sell it to a friend of mine and it was uncraftable so worth s✿✿✿. So I contacted pyro about this. Pyro did not do anything about it at all. He had a false wager against me which I think would be against the rules. A middle man was used aswell and the middleman admin did not do anything aswell.

Okay, time to talk about DerelGamers. Derelgamers is a very rude PPM admin. He will swear at you call you homophobic slurs. Then if somebody else decides to do the same BAM they are gone. This is abusive.

Time to talk about EFF. Ive seen Eff use homophobic slurs aswell. That is not what a "respected community" should be doing.

Proof? I have not been back to ppm for a while due to the actions that occurred. I was deeply sickened that such a big community would act this way and just disconnected due to derel. Many people dislike derel as from what Ive heard aswell. If you wish to add me for any reason feel free too.

Add me http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198011135143
  5. Pvt.Jeorey

Pvt.Jeorey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19337073
    I am sorry to say, but when I heard about this, Nothing against PPM, although I agree with cookie on ppm eff, as I have basically witnessed PPM eff abusing his adminship against me (Banning me for personal reasons), He came to my guide to start problems, he is very hard headed,I have no personally witnessed him being homophobic but I would not put that passed his attitude. I have proof of also of ppm EFF biasly attempting and succeeding to a point of getting people banned on other communities (such as outpost), he proves to have unfair power over the communities and even in some he does not hold direct power although friendship power, He does not comprehend the difference between a shark and a trader. I feel also he may ban other users freely for personal use in order to get steamrep bans.Unforinitunlity, I believe he is not only in power with outpost admins he is also influencing to the possibly of steamrep admins. I will not name the admin, in who I believe he has power with but the i will hint at it, to not defame him/her. He******e. I believe He banned me based on a personal conflict he caused in my guide. and tried to use an excuse in which is not even against his server rules.

I also hold sorry derel, but a abuse demo, of derel abusing his admin in which I have never released. I will have this demo released aswell. As time seems fit.

Proof of EFF's power influence= https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8M2Qrc8xxTxTUxiankxakVIc1U/edit?usp=sharing
    I've also seen many different steamrep cerfiedcommunity admins in which I won't mention specifically , who have accused EFF of being a shark himself. I have screenshots I tried to locate in my pc, but I can't find them for the time. If I wdo I will upload them, but Id obviously have to blur the names and profile pictures, as they may not want to be appart of this, nor allow them to be a possibly victim of power abuse.

I encourage you admins, from the other community in which are apart of steam rep to speak up as this might be might for the decision.

Sorry again derel.. But as long as abuse is in ppm, and more specifically within the admins who contain the most power. I would have to say a no go.

I do hold more proof, but gathered from other people not many but they are strong evidences against abuse. I can't release them for the privacy of the users without their conscent and Id obviously need to hide names and voices on demos. I can only upload my proof.

Id really like to underline that ppm EFF, knew I had responded to my appeal, this does indeed prove he had private and classified information within his knowledge. This is in case you din't click the link

I've also uploaded the demo to youtube, incase people wouldent want to download the lenghty demo, I cut the important parts into the video.

You can clearly see, that the admin is banning somebody for fowl language without warning, although he choses to use a cusswords freely for himself. First offense, he didn't even warn the guy (In which is part of their rules), he banned the guy based on what another player claimed without proof, and used an excuse to ban the player as he broke the rule himself. There is no excuse for the admin breaking the rule, especially since it was brought up to his attention freely that another user broke it. The rule was definitely triggered in his mind. This is the kind of abuse we see within the admins. PPM EFF also bans biaslu, I haven't inspected the other admins but this seems to be fairly common. I've heard rumors of Antr4x doing the same, and I do have a BIAS ban log, on PPM EFF which can be found here = https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8M2Qrc8xxTxTUxiankxakVIc1U/edit?usp=sharing

Id also like to rebring up, http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198000988132.43034/ an admin "carefuly
    selected" from PPM who ended up being a paypal scammer. As PPM claims they carefuly select their admins, yet have many flaws.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. (Derp) Cookie Monster

(Derp) Cookie Monster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25434707
    I would like to post this screenshot of Effs old ban on MCT. I wonder if when he was "carefully chosen" this was brought up? As I still know for a fact he uses homophobic language and most likely still uses racist language. I know for a fact though that he uses many homophobic slurs.
    t [​IMG]

Ooh. After searching through http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198000988132.43034/ . It shows EFF was defending a scammer that was also a PPM Admin.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Just noting this: A "hacking" ban from a random server isn't exactly proof of hacking.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  8. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    I do not have evidence of the racism and homophobia that EFF directed for me as it was on MCT server in 2012 through voice when no admin was present. I was trading on the server and he joined the server and began advertising his Burning Kabuto hat (if my memory serves me correctly). I asked him if I could see it and he began an attack on me over the microphone in which I was called a "[email protected] N166$r" as well as a "scammer" among other things in front of approximately 30 other users on the server. If MCT has a way to access logs of times in which EFF and I were on the server together I am sure we could trace other users who could vouch for the story.

The conversation ended eventually with him being chased out of the server as well over 5 users came to my defense and were appalled by his comments, purely based on the content of what was being said.

I do have this appeal though in which you can see I had my PPM appeal denied because I mentioned that an admin had a scammer report on him in the last appeal. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PyroProtectMeTradeServer/discussions/8/846959998152615395/ EFF admits in this appeal that he has a bias against me and banned me because of it.

Witnesses of this ban include TF2Outpost Admin Shadow #1 https://steamrep.com/?id=76561198005574075 and an Ex-PPM administrator who wishes to remain anonymous agree agreed that EFF banned me based on an inexplicable hatred of me as a person.

The OWNER rejected my appeal because of my posts on their first application here http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/pyroprotectme-trade-server-ppm.25138/. This shows that PyroProtectMe as a human does not care about the steamrep community or bringing a positive attitude to the job. He is just an ambitious owner who tries to suppress anything that can come off as controversial to his expansion throughout the steam community

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  9. FLUFFER

FLUFFER New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:79562278
    I am a regular of ppm trading servers and I can say that I think ppm is certainly ready to becomes partnered with steamrep. With proper evidence, ppm will ban scammers from their servers. They do not tolerate scamming, which is partially why I continue to frequent ppm trading servers. Their admin staff is very trustworthy, I have trusted the admins of ppm trading servers to mm countless high stakes crabs for me. I have not been playing tf2 long enough to confirm or deny any of these claims of admin abuse back in 2012, but I can say that no PPM admins abuse their powers today. I have not once seen any admin abuse their powers in all my hours on ppm servers, so far I have seen the ppm staff being very kind, whether It'd be helping out and giving advice to newer traders, or mm-ing crabs, or protecting the ppm community by banning scammers from their servers.

Based on the comment below, from Pvt. FatCat's profile, I think that fatcat as well as his friends may have a personal grudge against ppm admins, although this is just speculation. I do not see any evidence of admin abuse in this thread.

"PPM is asking to be afficliated with steamrep. We have someproof already posted of previous admin abuse, and we don't see fit of them being on steamrep with their current staff. If you have a say in which does not have to agree with us, please post it here http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/ppm-tf.54395/#post-194903

Please let all your friends know, as this will effect userbases as they will have the power to have players banned globally rather than just their servers."

As I have said, based on what I have seen, the ppm admins and staff are well fit for their positions. I will give a +1 for this application.
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One Appeals SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Please do not derail this app with speculation or hearsay or unfounded accusations. If you have an issue you want to point out, supply evidence when saying X admin did Y. Offtopic postings will be removed.

-thx
  11. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    This is turning a bit into a thread of hearsay and opinions. This is not really supposed to be a griping thread. There's clearly a lot of axes to grind, but not much substance here.

The SteamRep Friends program is intended to start the relationship with a community to work together in a spirit of fighting fraud. A community is allowed to ban people from their communities for any reason and SR isn't going to ever get in the middle of that unless fraud is involved. This is not the thread to raise concerns about your bans/appeals on their servers because they could really ban you for "Ban Everyone on Tuesdays" and it wouldn't be something SR would be involved with. It's fighting scammers and fraud protection for their community which we're worried about.

Friend communities don't get the ability to ban on SteamRep until they become Partners. Regardless, we have good policies in place where it's difficult to abuse that once a community becomes a Partner, anyway. As such, their server banning behavior for non-scam offenses is not really useful information for us.

I'm going to lock this app thread for now, but if you have concerns of the following nature you may feel free to PM me (and any other admin) and I'll unlock this so you can post publicly. Topics such as these, if evidence exists, would be considerations worthy of including in this thread:
    • Demonstrated good policies or practices for fraud prevention or scam fighting (i.e. positive comments for anti-fraud)
    • Evidence of any staff members scamming items or money
    • Protecting, purposely turning a blind eye to, or assisting scammers
    • Repeated history of abusing newbies lack of knowledge for profit (i.e. any ongoing sharking trends)
    • Etc -- any sort of fraud-related or trade-related topics, positive or negative with evidence
    We're not looking for opinions, but situations that demonstrate their staff's position on fraud prevention and trustworthy trading behavior.
  12. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Bacon Strips 2.0 likes this.
  13. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    :)
    Hidden Content:
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  14. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    As this community has changed ownership, can we get a new application with the new staff indicated? We'll prioritize it at the same point in the review "queue", but I'd just like the information to be correct and modernized so we're all on the same page.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.