1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Profile Info

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by F.A.N. Gangsta, Jun 10, 2015.

1. F.A.N. Gangsta

F.A.N. Gangsta New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:77258056
    "It's important to note that SteamRep is an independent site and has no affiliation with Valve Software or its products and services."

I do not enjoy the fact that a site that is not affiliated with Valve is allowed to freely advertise my profile information and links to it without my permission. Everyone can get to it, sure, and I can put it on private, but giving personal information without them having to find my steam profile is a little unnerving. I wish for the site to not take your steam information and put it here WITHOUT your permission. You can put someone's steam link, but do NOT create a page featuring that certain profile without compliance. Thank you.
  2. F.A.N. Gangsta

F.A.N. Gangsta New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:77258056
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You have never read the steam subscriber agreement then. Suggest you spend some time reading it before replying further.

edit: inb4 streisand
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Everything SR has is pulled off of Steam API. Which is public. Like your profile is public.
    > streisand incoming
    TFD_Industries™ likes this.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hitman Sparky and Roudydogg1 like this.
  6. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    >Personal Information

You lost all credibility when you said that.
    a Gentleman and Hitman Sparky like this.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Also, your definition of "personal information" is flawed. Personal information is like your real name, home address, age, family information, color, gender, social security number, bank information, etc etc. Unless you posted that publicly on your profile, nobody knows. Unless you start posting stuff ofc.
    You shared yourself any of that information on your profile. Google has it in its cache, and I just put it into the internet archive too. Just for giggles.

But don't worry, you're still somewhat anonymous, among 200+ million other steam accounts that have the exact same thing.

Everything you say, tells things about you. Take for instance your Opening post, lets see what that tells about you:
    - Privacy "minded" (avatar and a nickname
    - Can't understand the definition of things (Personal Information is a example here)
    - Doesn't understand what the statement means about not being affiliated with Valve. It basically means: Valve didn't make this site, we're not pretending to be Valve and we're also not working for Valve in any way (contractor or w/e).
    - By creating a forum account linked with your steam account, you created more links and higher SEO results to your SteamRep page, with every post you make. Nope, not gonna delete them.
    - Think that we need to ask permission from you for anything we do...
    - Needs head screwed back on, the right way, for its pretty "TILTed" right now...

And much, much more just from those 2 posts. But that stuff would get you riled up too much, and we don't post that publicly.

Oh, oops, I put it in one of those "check availability" tools for web addresses, but this one auto registers them 76561198114781841.com .org and .gov coming in.
    Oh, chill, only joking... I registered 76561198114781841.cc for its a "Creative Commons" work... ok, ok, I'll stop. It was just too funny. Tweet #76561198114781841 for me.
  8. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    You, sir, are the party.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  9. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    +r76561198e1147818p41
  10. Blissharmony

Blissharmony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27742888
    Unless you have something to hide, what's wrong with a website listing information to help prevent people getting scammed?
  11. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    The fact that people MAY have fraud related things to hide is exactly why there should be a place like this to exist.
  12. Blissharmony

Blissharmony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27742888
    Yeah, maybe I wasn't clear enough with my post. Basically trying to say that it will only effect you, if you have things relating to fraud and that you shouldn't worry if you don't.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.