1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Retracted PyroProtectMe Trade Server [PPM]

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by PyroProtectMe, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyroProtectMe

PyroProtectMe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5201122
    1. Please list the URL/IP of each server in your community that runs the SteamRep plugin and how many days each has been running it.
    68.232.163.84:27015 - 150+
    8.6.2.222:27015 - 120+
    68.232.169.106:27015 - 90+

2. Have you made any modifications or changes to the SteamRep plugin? If so, please list.
    No

3. Please list the URL of your community's Steam group.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PyroProtectMeTradeServer

4. Please list the URL of your admins Steam group.
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PPM-Staff

5. Please list ALL admins (not in the above group) and/or moderators of your community below with links to their SteamRep profile (e.g. HelenAngel - http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197977521239)
    All server staff is in the above group.

6. What are your community's policies on scamming & scamming-related activities?
    All scammers are permanently banned from all servers, and they are reported to SteamRep.
    As admins we look to educate our community about scammers and scammer related activity, what red-flags to looks for to maintain a safer trading community.
    At our community website: I have a direct link to SteamRep, and all the Unusual Admins have direct links to their SteamRep page. Additonally the rules posted at the website say "Scamming and Scamming related activities are strictly prohibited. We believe in SteamRep.com and scammers will be reported."

There is also information and a direct link on information on "How to Avoid Scammers in TF2".

7. Why does your community wish to be affiliated with SteamRep?
    It would be an honor to be a SteamRep community affiliate and to continue to maintain a strict anti-scammer policy. Futhermore I am very open to ideas and opportunities that can possibly help SteamRep in its needs and goals.

8. Please provide a link to your community's website (if applicable)
    http://pyroprotectme.com/

9. Please provide a link to your community's Sourcebans or ban/report forum.
    http://databaseboy.clanservers.com/bans/index.php

10. Please provide a link to your community's stats page, hlstatsx or GameMe (if applicable).
    http://pyroprotectme.gameme.com/

11. Please provide additional details about your community such as how it came to be, how long it has been around, the primary goals of it, what it does, etc.

Back in July/August 2012, I was tired of trading in poorly staffed trade servers which was a breeding ground for scamming related activities. I witnessed people getting scammed and it was not enjoyable. So I decided to start my own trade servers with the goal of having "active quality staff", "solid server rules", and a safe and informative place for traders". With these core values in mind we have been growing from day 1. Started with one server, now I have three.

It is my personal goal to maintain trade servers that are safe to trade, fun to play, and informative for newcommers and veteran traders. It is important to maintain an extremely clean reputation as a player, trader, and as a server owner. Being affiliated with SteamRep will further validate to the TF2 gaming and trading community that the PPM community will not tolerate scamming or scammer related activities.

12. Please post your community's desired banner (if not already on SR). Banners should be 225x48.
    [​IMG]
  2. |LZ| Jigsaw ♥

|LZ| Jigsaw ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23267040
    I think steamrep want you to post every admin on here, because then it's easier for steamrep.com admins to see your admins directly. Now they have to go to the steam group every single time. Just to let you know! ;)

PS: Nice website!
  3. PyroProtectMe

PyroProtectMe New User

Steam:
    @ Jigsaw: Well #5 specifically says, "not in the above group", I am following the instructions. Thank you for the feedback and the compliment on the website. Good luck to you.
  4. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
  5. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Just letting you know that this application is under review.
  6. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Could you please answer my question :eek:? I'm curious, lol.
  7. ๖ۣۜKatniss

๖ۣۜKatniss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20361202
    Thank you for your consideration. PPM has made great strides and most of that credit goes to the owner of the server in choosing honest and trusted admins and mods. We are still a growing community and our newest unusual community is simply the newest addition to this group.
  8. MadV

MadV New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45459589
    It will surely be an honour to be working alongside SteamREP to keep a nice and safe community for traders. PPM may not be as well known or as old as many other trading communities but we believe in learning and striving for the best.
  9. PyroProtectMe

PyroProtectMe New User

Steam:
    To ForteSP
    Geel9 co-owner of TF2Scrap is a reputable and trustworthy member of the TF2 community. Regarding the issues he and TF2Scrap is facing with SteamRep is his business, that is none of my business. Feel free to ask him.
    What is my business is he is a Moderator, not and Admin at the PPM Servers (ALL-Trade Servers #1 and #2 ). He is an asset to the staff and the PPM trade community. He consistently encourages and educates new and veteran traders. He is a person with good morals and is extremely generous. I have seen him give away 100 refined to one player, 100 weapons to one player, and on other numerous occasions given away clean TF2 Items and Metal in-bulk, ALL FREE and at random. WHY? Because he is generous and wants the to see the TF2 trade community stimulated. Every little drop counts. So with that said, if you feel his "reputation has become seriously tarnished", this is an opinion, not a fact. Let's let SteamRep handle the allegations against Geel9. ForteSP, thank you for your input and I wish you luck. pyro

To HelenAngel
    On behalf of the PPM Staff and PPM Community, we thank you for this opportunity and consideration, we look forward to hearing from you.
  10. can you please list the dates of these servers , when they were started, since you list 150+ days {of plug-in time} on said servers..
  11. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    @PPP

You concern me with the comment "Regarding the issues he and TF2Scrap is facing with SteamRep is his business, that is none of my business. Feel free to ask him."

If he is on your staff then it is your business. It is an owner's and a head admin's responsibility and business to know what is going on with their staff. If the persons in question are having issues with SR, then those issues indirectly reflect on your community due to you employing said individuals. Otherwise by your logic, I can hire scammers to be on the MCT staff because what they did has nothing to do with me and is none of my business.

Keep in mind that good deeds do not erase bad deeds. There are several examples of people ,who are nice people, that were trusted but have done things wrong because people were not watching them. You have to actively watch everyone with knowledge that it is your duty and part of the position you chose whether you like it or not.
  12. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    ^ what Penguin said
  13. Geel9

Geel9 Scrap.tf co-owner Partner Community Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18301684
    The fact that you consider my reputation to be "severely tarnished" because I forgot/was very late to giving out free raffle prizes shows that you are merely looking for something to complain about so that you might appear relevant.

Regardless, all raffle prizes have been given out to those who have responded to multiple attempts to contact them.
  14. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Do not jump to conclusions. I never once mentioned you in my reply. I was referring to the careless nature of his post and how he figures that it is none of his business if any off his staff are in trouble with anything. If I were referring to you I would have named you outright and been blunt about it. You can ask any community admin about me I try to be professional but I do not pussyfoot around matters and will call someone out.

That said I stand by my statement and if you want to take it as a stab to you instead of taking it as intended ,a comment on his attitude toward staff management and his responsibilities, then by all means take it that way.

Also I don't have to do or say anything to be relevant. I already am. Deal with it and exam statements before you jump off the wall. It is irrational to look at my reply and say it was targeted at any one individual other than PPP.
  15. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    Understood. Locking to prevent further comment.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.