1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Q&A with Valve

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Dr. House, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

make a support ticket about the steam support :p
  2. Dr. House

Dr. House New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29841309
    Wow, he already replied to 5. We sent ~120 questions, right? so at this rate we will get all answered in.... 12 years.
    Well, see you in 6 months guys and gals.
  3. Dr. House

Dr. House New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29841309
    BTW the messages look like Support answers.
    Maybe they don't really copy-paste the answers and just talk like that all the time lol
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

The questions have been parsed through the Steam support software, and the default answers have been put up.

(ofcourse not....)

but such answers still have to be within policy....
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I agree with Dr. House, while I appreciate him posting some answers to a few questions its just that - a few. Many questions that needed to be answered were not and to say that policy doesn't allow it is just bogus to start with. You download the game, you agree to terms and conditions and the way the game is altered on a weekly bases should require information on the changes and certainly in regards to how they are sifting thru the trading system as we know it.

To be honest the replies here are nothing short of typical SPUF replies which told me "Hey soup special of the day!!!" but only give me an empty bowl.
  6. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Keep in mind that he is NOT on the TF2 team. His specialty is in Support. That's like me walking up to someone on the Microsoft Excel team and demanding why Xbox Live doesn't have certain options.

Also, you guys need to realize that they are extremely busy. He's at least taking the time to reach out to the community and answer these questions- something which he has no obligation to do. He is going to add more questions when he's able and considering that the Dota 2 International is in less than two weeks AND there was just the Steam summer sale, I think it was great that he was able to take some time to do it at all.

I sent him quite literally HUNDREDS of questions. That would overwhelm anyone.

I'm rather disappointed that someone would take the time out to do something completely voluntary and get unduly criticized. I couldn't blame anyone for not wanting to answer at all given this type of reception. :(
  7. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Valve do not have any obligation to post here, we should be encouraging them to interact and communicate with the community. Last thing we need are ungrateful comments, I doubt they will want to post more if that is how we respond :)

I am glad of any increased feedback from Valve to the larger community to be honest.
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I started out with my comment saying I appreciated the answers to the questions that were added just to make that clear... but I'm not going to sit here and say I'm overwhelmed with joy - I don't think for a second what I stated was anything at all slamming critical but I do feel I was justified in my opinion.

This comment right here is what got me, sure there may have been a ton of questions but why were they not to be answered? Which questions will not be answered and again why?

I also don't think its fair that the thread he started as a sticky was locked and I can't reply to it, yet every moderator here/admin here can post whatever they please while I and others are stuck here posting about it.

My comments are not at all ungrateful, as again I started out in a way of saying thanks but I'm also not going to sit here and blow rainbows out my butt either.
  9. mittensthekitten

mittensthekitten Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7857664
    No offense but he shouldn't have agreed to answer 100+ questions if he wasn't going to do it or is "too busy" to do so.
  10. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Locking this as I am making a fresh thread for actual, constructive discussion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.