1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question About Community Applications

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Pegasi, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Pegasi

Pegasi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32515892
    Hey Guys

I have been thinking about applying to become a "friend" community with SteamRep. But it seems only servers or trading communities apply. My group is for Gifting Card sets to members and not sure if it would be a group that would be looked at as a "Friend".

So my question is, Would a card set gifting community be allowed to apply and even be considered or does it have to revolve around trading or gaming servers?

Thanks! :)
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We have UGC competition league also in friends community also.

I looked into your Signature here, but that URL does not exist, after looking at your profile, I found you where talking about:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamCardGifts

Friends communities can be around lots of things, just promoting safe trading along it etc etc. We only expect friend trading related comm's to ban marked offenders from their servers/site etc, to prevent trading with them by their users etc. There is more somewhere, but forgot for now where that requirements list is. But its not required to be trading related to become friends with SR. Partner's will have to in most cases, for being responsible to handle reports/appeals etc on offenses, and have a standard applied to them.

/edit: also, the group has:
    [​IMG]

Its not a official valve group, claiming to be something its not.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  3. Pegasi

Pegasi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32515892
    Ok. Thank you for the reply. I will change the title if it will affect the application. Thanks again for the info and feedback.

Hope you stay well! :)