1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question about deleting scammed items policy.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Mad Moxxi, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Mad Moxxi

Mad Moxxi Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40341655
    Lets say there are trader name "A" who have "some item". But trader named "B" scammed that "some item" from trader "A". Then trader "B" added me and we made trade. Now I have that "some item". I heard steam deletes scammers items. So if steam do some action on trader "B", what will happen that "some item" which i have?
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    in short, you traded with a scammer for a scammed item. depends how you traded for it. if it was in steam items, that would end up on the scammer being deleted. if you traded for cash (PP, webmoney, w/e) then your item may get deleted.

Now what kind of item was this?
  3. Mad Moxxi

Mad Moxxi Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40341655
    Its not happened. I do lot of trades daily. This is just instantly came to my mind, after i read something about those deleted scammed items. So I wondered what will happen if I buy scammed item. Steam will delete that item from my inventory? So I become victim?
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    if you buy it with money, steam cannot ascertain you aren't a alt of the scammer.