1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question about gambling site

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by insaneRAGE1337, Mar 21, 2019.

1. insaneRAGE1337

insaneRAGE1337 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5694591
    Now I am working on my own gambling site. If I offer someone to test it out, person can easily report me on SteamRep. For example:
    Me: hi, i just set my new site up, wanna test it out? I will give u 1 usd skin, so u can create a coinflip :D
    Friend: reporting u on SR u shitty spammer GG

So, if someone report me, what shoul I do then?
  2. insaneRAGE1337

insaneRAGE1337 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5694591
    Basically, I can proof it's legit but idk does SR admins care about sites
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    First off, Valve has publicly declared there is no such thing as a legitimate gambling site in Steam. Even if your site were safe, Valve can (and will, as soon as they find them) trade ban all of your bots for violations of the Steam Subscriber Agreement. And the legality of gambling websites in demographics made up of largely children and teenagers is questionable at best. Just considering that, how on earth can you call your site "legit"?

Furthermore, how do you expect to prove your site is any more fair than the thousands of clones popping up every day whose sole purpose is stealing items? Putting aside that your opening offer to us closely resembles a known fake betting site scam variant (or an offer to streamers the owners hope will promote and legitimize them), it's impossible to prove that other factors, such as internal controls on win ratios or pre-determined winners (e.g. streamers) are not influencing results. Especially considering gambling websites' documented ability to selectively turn such controls on and off.

If you are reported, and you believe you are innocent, follow the same procedure as anyone else - reply in the report with evidence of your innocence.
    Roudydogg1 and insaneRAGE1337 like this.