1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question about reports.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Void 4, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Void 4

Void 4 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:143981520
    I had many foreign scammers trying to scam me, but they talk in their native tongue and not in English.

If I want to report one of these scammers using another language than English, can I translate the chat logs on my own? And if so how can I post the translated version without editing the original chat logs?
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    We only accept reports in English here, for the very reasons you're alluding to. Note we'd not only need someone on our own staff who could translate the report, but also an additional fluent speaker for the appeal, because appeals cannot be handled by anyone who had prior involvement with issuing the tag (to ensure fairness).

Sometimes partner communities have dedicated staff who speak a certain language, and can hence accept reports in that language. I would check with a few of them.
  3. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Backpack.tf can investigate reports in the following languages reliably:

Spanish
    German
    Dutch

We may be able to investigate reports in the following languages dependant on context:

Russian
    Turkish
    Portuguese
    Italian
    Japanese
    Czech
    French

It is still preferable to write your report itself in English if possible, even if your evidence is in another language.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019