1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question about Trade

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by BeepBeepMotherFucker, Feb 20, 2014.

1. BeepBeepMotherFucker

BeepBeepMotherFucker New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:81174715
    i traded with someone with my m9 bayonet fade for 120key.
    but that guy was reported by other community member . just wondering that the key will be chargedback by steam if he put a dispute ?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I have to say I like the username - made me laugh.

Now can you explain that with a little more detail??
  3. BeepBeepMotherFucker

Steam:
    well , thanks :D
    currently i traded with a guy who was reported in steam support ( no trade probation , clean steamrep )
    and he trade with me ( 120 CSGO key For My Knife ) , just wondering that will he chargedback and my key will be removed from steam due to his chargedback ?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    How do you know he was reported to steam support and if the keys haven't been removed from a chargeback then why worry about it?
  5. BeepBeepMotherFucker

Steam:

Hello,
    when i trade with him there are a caution in trade window .. forget to printscreen it
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Whats his steamID?

Still, you are not posting a ton of information to answer any sorta questions. You need to be more detailed in the next reply if that is possible.
  7. BeepBeepMotherFucker

Steam:
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    well, by foregoing the caution, you accepted such risk.....
  9. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Wait, wait, wait.
    Are you saying, you just hit the trade button and got a "warning message about them possibly being a scammer"
    No trade bans, no probation, no steamrep reports.. just that warning, right?

Let me tell you something about that warning..........it's majorly flawed and totally abused.
    That person you traded with could be a completely honest person, but he pissed someone off, and therefor was flagged.

So, not much to worry about at this point, but should of asked him at least why he had that marking.
  10. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Pretty much what gukingofheart said. The system is flawed as legitimate people get reported and have these warnings pop up.

I'm not saying that this person isn't guilty of fraudulent behavior, I'm just saying that they could be innocent after all.

You're probably fine.
  11. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    Plus, if the trade was done entirely with Steam trading, nothing can get revoked. It's in Steam's policy that all trades are final.

While I normally say it's good to be a bit paranoid about trading high value items, I think you are ok in this case.