1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question: Games getting revoked count as scammed?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by dragonhuman, Mar 5, 2012.

1. dragonhuman

dragonhuman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25985902
    Essentially similar to the title, essentially I've traded for skyrim twice for my friend and it got revoked (these were in the past though), so essentially I was wondering (for past, present, future) if this would count for marking someone as a scammer?

Just to say for my situation these trades were in the past (one in november, one in january)
    As for proof I can get screenshots of: my history trade for the games, my sending the game to my friend, and a link for my steam support where they do say that it was revoked due to fraduently purchase yatta yatta
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    yes, but there was a CC thief some while ago, that had bought literally hundreds of games with the stolen CC. the money got retracted, while he had sold it for houwars etc.

result is that ppl who bought games from him had lost out on it, by buying with a houwar got them 20-50 games etc, and those sold those games again for smaller things (buds/bills/keys etc) . as such, there was quite a track between the person being the cause of the game revoke and the person who did the "scam".

As such, one has to check out with the person who they got the game from (see steam trade history) to find whom they traded with, and then ask them. And really, the one not cooperating is the scammer.

Evidence being looked for:
    - Screenshots with the trades being done (them buying it, and then selling it)
    - if paypal is involved for them to acquire the game, the paypal info.
    - ID who it was traded from.
    And again with the next person on the list.

As for actions vs valve: file a steam support ticket that your game got revoked while you traded it for xxx (don't bother with monetary trades, they wont restore it)

As for my reference about the CC thief, that was about 3-4 months ago, and those where marked accordingly.
  3. dragonhuman

dragonhuman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25985902
    nvm I just read his profile, he traded for all the games, so I guess delete this thread
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Thats why its so hard to investigate this kind. We recommend with game trades to do it always with TF2 Items for then steam support can reimburse them.