1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question: Is the age limit on mod apps firm?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Orange 7, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Orange 7

Orange 7 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:121370641
    I noticed that it was stated that steamrep is looking for ways to change the age limit. I'm 16, active on steam, have a history of good reputation and I would like to apply but I don't want to because I know it'll get auto denied. I want to see if its possible nonetheless.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    due to US regulations, SteamRep can not accept anyone under 18.
  3. Orange 7

Orange 7 New User

Steam:
    oh, thats stupid. Guess I gotta wait 2 years then
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Calling the policy stupid is not showing maturity at all. We have certain requirements for a reason no different than most regions/countries have ages to purchase alcohol, drive a car, vote etc...
    In two years perhaps you will understand all that and our policies and you can make an attempt at applying.
  5. Orange 7

Orange 7 New User

Steam:
    simply meaning that its strange to have a regulation in place that dictates that nonprofits cannot give people moderation powers on websites for the purpose of investigating cases of fraud.

It's not something I expected there to be a law in place for.
  6. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    I suppose if you were so inclined you could look into volunteering with a friend/partner community, always possible one of us are looking for the occasional new helpful volunteer.
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No law just giving examples of why things are the way they are. But as Roudy said there are always other communities even if not involved with SR that you can gain experience from since thats a major jumping point for any applicant here.
  8. Orange 7

Orange 7 New User

Steam:
    yeah I've been admin on trade servers before, I'm working that route. I guess we'll see in 2 years. :)
  9. Orange 7

Orange 7 New User

Steam:
    unfortunately I'm more inclined towards CS:GO. :(
  10. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    There are cs;go communities im sure, you just need to look around a bit and do some research
  11. Orange 7

Orange 7 New User

Steam:
    I'm already involved in quite a few, thanks though!
  12. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Your responses here aren't really going to help you if you decide to apply here down the line. That said, I hope you continue to contribute to the CS:GO community. Have a fun weekend!
  13. Zoofie_

Zoofie_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:428249578
    If you are interested in helping people out, check out partner communities that are actually affiliated with steamrep. Some of the communities I see you in are quite questionable.

18 is the usual age people are considered mentally able to make adult decisions, having policies for wanting people who are 18 is perfectly reasonable.
  14. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    The issue is that a moderator or admin is effectively a volunteer for a US-registered non-profit charity, and as such expected to be at least 18 years of age for a number of legal reasons. It's definitely possible, if uncommon, for someone under 18 to show the maturity of an adult, but our organization strictly prohibits the recruitment of anyone younger than 18 in order to comply with applicable federal regulations. I'm sorry that didn't work out for you.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    [M&C] TheBluekr and Zoofie_ like this.