1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question regarding grant appeal for RWC related offenses

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Mattimat, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Mattimat

Mattimat Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25755132
    How come you can be banned for RWC scam, BUT NOT grant an appeal for it?

I could not find any pinned posts regarding RWC offenses.

RWC = Real World Currency, eg. Paypal.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    You Are The One once told you "SR, by policy, does not grant RWC related offenses".

Just a reminder to not talk about elements of your own appeal in the General Discussions forum or this thread will be locked.
  3. Mattimat

Steam:
    I'm not. Just simply asking for clarification as to why RWC related offensens are not eligible for appeal.
  4. Mattimat

Steam:
    Is there a forum where i can discuss elements of my own appeal?
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Real-world cash offenses, like impersonation scams, are considered very serious pre-meditated offenses that pose a significant danger to the community. As such, most "change of heart" type appeals are denied. A change of heart may be granted for some other types of offenses deemed less "serious" depending on circumstances surrounding repayment, attitude of appellant, and number of offenses. This does NOT mean you cannot appeal, and there are a few circumstances under which they are granted, but a simple "I'm sorry, please unban me from <site>" will not cut it. A few examples:
    • Actual innocence - If you're truly innocent, then you shouldn't have been tagged in the first place. Show proof the scam never happened and that evidence against you was fake or missing, and your appeal will be granted like any other case.
    • Extenuating circumstances - If you can reasonably demonstrate the scam was not your fault, or at the very least not intentional, through extenuating circumstances, then the appeal may be granted. For example, if your bank suspected fraud and mistakenly charged back pre-emptively without consulting you, and you made prompt and reasonable efforts to repair the situation and repay victims where applicable, then your appeal will likely be granted.
    • Account hijacking - If you can conclusively prove your account was hijacked, and this wasn't your doing, your case may be granted. Scammers do not typically use accounts for this type of fraud, so the burden of proof will be on you, and because a lot of PayPal scammers use this as a get-out-of-jail-free excuse your case will be met with skepticism and heavily scrutinized. Blaming a sibling/friend/whatever will not cut it here or in any other kind of appeal.
    Specific details pertaining to your appeal may not be discussed in the General Discussion forum. If we allowed that, then the forum meant for discussion would be overrun with people arguing their own appeals hoping to change the outcome, and it would drown out actual discussion.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 and Lava like this.
  6. Mattimat

Steam:
    Ok, thank you for the clarification.