1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question regarding reporting

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Zₒₒfᵢₑ, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Zₒₒfᵢₑ

Zₒₒfᵢₑ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30289911
    Hi, so this may or may not be a stupid question but I have not found an answer to it... So I'm asking here. Is it acceptable to file a report on a user clearly mocking trade bots of well-known communities such opskins and the like with just the aliases or do I have to obtain proof of intent? I would think mocking a bot would be intent enough but I'd just like to see your guy's take.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    mocking a bot? you mean impersonating one? If the intent to scam with it is there such as the user contacted you with it or someone else contacted you and sent you a trade offer from a fake bot ya.

There are thousands of users with various whatever bot names... I can tell you up front that just finding them in the wild and reporting them won't fly.. there just isn't enough of us to go around and investigating them all so only report them if there is intent to scam with them clearly shown.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  3. Zₒₒfᵢₑ

Zₒₒfᵢₑ New User

Steam:
    I mean like super blatant OPskins bots that are fake.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yep there are hundreds of them I'm sure - at this time we are not going to just take reports by you searching "opskins bot" on steam.
    We know there are a ton - but unless there is intent to scam with them we don't want reports on them alone.

If we allowed that - then we would have a ton of users racing each other to report them - some would get reported multiples times and we just don't have the resources to take care of that problem without some intent to scam.
    You can still report them to Valve at any time.
  5. Zₒₒfᵢₑ

Zₒₒfᵢₑ New User

Steam:
    I was not asking with intent to search them out. I was seeking information on what to do if one interacts with me or a friend. Also to note searching them out would be a stupid hunt anyway... CSGO inventories have a limit of 1,000 items so naturally, there would thousands of bots rendering it pointless to search them out. I appreciate the information and from what I gathered the steps I need to take when a bot adds me is record the intent and if the bot adds a friend encourage them to wait and log intent and make a report with you guys with proof of intent that is acceptable by SteamREP standards.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yeah if you are interacting that is INTENT...