1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question Regarding Special Reps

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Redfiend, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Redfiend

Redfiend New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16716622
    Call me a ✿✿✿✿✿✿ for just dropping in with a random post, but I was wondering...

Is there a way that you can get yourself marked as a Non-Trader? I mean, there are so many people who simply refuse to trade with people just on principle, such as myself! I have had lots of people approach me for things like my Vintage Fancy Fedora, or other things, and every time I say "No. I don't trade." I have seen this so many times and was just wondering.
  2. Panda :3

Panda :3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42160393
    The only thing that comes to my mind would be if you shared an IP with someone who was marked. In which case you might be listed as an alt of that user.
  3. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    Well Steamrep can't really mark you as "non-trader," but they can mark you as a steamrep scammer so most people will avoid trading with you (please don't get any thoughts of scamming just so you can get the mark). While this really doesn't help, if you really want people to stop randomly trading you, you could:
    • Write: "My [item name] is not for sale. Do NOT ask me about it" on your profile
    • Make a custom description for said item stating that it's not for sale
    [​IMG]
  4. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    If you don't trade, you could just make your inventory private or friends only. That way people most likely wouldn't just randomly add you.
  5. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Or you could just reject friend requests.
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

- you can indeed private (friends only) your backpack.
    - Set your in-game trading options to a setting convenient (friends only), so other players cannot open a trade to you.
    - with your backpack, you look like a scrap banker/weapon seller, for you have multiple of the same weapons all over.