1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by D4zzy, Mar 7, 2018.

1. D4zzy

D4zzy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:76676774
    I had been a victim of a scam. I already reported my case. It got rejected. This was because I didn't provide evidence for the initial agreement. The scam had happened last year in September. I never took screenshots of the agreement. Then when I got scammed I couldn't find the original chat logs. I did some digging on my phone and found everything else except the initial formal agreement. I took some screenshots on my phone and presented it. They said I couldn't do that. Now I'm stuck hopelessly not knowing how to get old chat logs. Could any of you help me? I do have evidence of the scammer admitting to scamming me, as well as their alts. However, they said the alts were irrelevant.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you strongly feel you have enough for a VALID submission, you can always use the "report a post" feature on the rejected/invalid thread and give a detailed explanation of why it should be reconsidered. A different staff member will review it.
    For the record: I did not look at anything you submitted to reports or know at this time who rejected/archived/invalidated your thread, so dont ask me.
  3. D4zzy

D4zzy New User

Steam:
    On the official policy, it says the report a post feature shouldn't be used for, "
    • Disagreeing with a staff member's decision to reject your report or appeal."
    Since you're an admin would you grant me the permission to do this?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I've been looking into the user as I stated on the report I rejected - the reasons I gave for the rejecting was for you lacking any formal agreement stands for any report - wouldn't be fair to accept yours when we don't accept others when the formal agreement is vital to any report of this nature.
    Your admission you say you got - well its from a completely different user than whom you reported so completely not acceptable. You reported ONE user not multiple users.
    The blue-stacks use also doesn't show who either is communicating with and months later so there is doubt that the evidence is even legit - sorry but unless we can tell exactly who is talking to who then its not acceptable.
    You took months to make the report - you lost the required evidence in a formal agreement - there is nothing anyone can do to get it back as its long gone since Valve doesn't retain chat logs - that isn't something we can help.

As for the alternate accusations we don't accept reports accusing others of being alts - At least informed you I would take a look and see if some kinda connection was there but it wouldn't be due to your report which was rejected on the grounds of all of the above and what I stated on the report.

Also as a reminder:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/

lastly- -I'm sorry that your report wasn't accepted - many are not for various reasons but after reviewing it for 24hours and the responses you gave with the evidence provided there was really no other alternative and doing anything but reject would have gone against my better judgement.
  5. Zoofie_

Zoofie_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:428249578
    I would honestly look at the initial scam as a learning lesson. Next time you can collect all necessary proof of agreement so this will not happen again where your report is rejected.
  6. D4zzy

D4zzy New User

Steam:
    I understand why it was rejected, however, I have one last inquiry to ask. On backpack.tf his account is marked as a scammer. It the desc box there are links to his alts which have already been steamrep banned. So I don't understand why nothing has been put against him such as a ban?
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Backpack.tf can ban and label anyone they wish however they wish - that doesn't mean that other communities will and doesn't mean SteamRep will tag them for something unrelated. They also can label someone an alt of whoever but again that doesn't mean they will be here.
    Basically backpack.tf can ban whomever they wish for whatever reason they wish as its their site and their rules.