1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by LePlay, Mar 11, 2018.

1. LePlay

LePlay New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:152413981
    I just came across the User
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    who tried to get me banned by tricking me into spamming him and then proceeded to threaten me that he´ll report me for spamming, scamming etc. I assume that he would eventually try to get items from his victims by threatening that they´ll get reported otherwise. I blocked him as soon as I realized what he is doing, is there any way to prevent people like him from doing this or somehow mark them as... well, "trying-to-get-you-banned-er"? I´m gonna attach whats remaining of the conversation below.
    Have a nice day!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2018
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I've hidden the users info- this is not where you submit a report and not where you would submit a "just in case" thread. Should something come up we investigate the reports and can determine if something isn't correct or not. Otherwise I see nothing here SR related or scam related either so if the user is saying so for a server or site then take that up with that server or site if it comes down to it.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Zoofie_

Zoofie_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:428249578
    This message wont get to many because it's trivial, the general area on here is not THAT active. This is really a block/remove & forget and move on, not really worth anyone's time. You are more likely to get stung by a bee than banned for chat spam.