1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Quick advice on become a trader?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [T_Q] Kelphi, Jan 5, 2014.

1. [T_Q] Kelphi

[T_Q] Kelphi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25065633
    Hi! :)

I want to get into trading alot, im not new to it, but i havn't really been doing much advanced stuff.
    I wanna have a good reputation, like trusted trader, well known and reputated. id also like to be a middleman but right now nobody really knows me so Im not trusted well, anyone got any quick advice they can give me?

https://steamrep.com/?id=76561198010396994

I've got alot of positive steam profile rep but that doesnt count for anything.
  2. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Does steamrep even still add trusted sellers?
    You could do lots of cash trades on sourceop, maybe large ones. and if there's a time where you could walk away scott free where you get some extra money(or something), then DON'T
    To be trusted, you must never take advantage of anyone.
  3. -[FF]- Taco

-[FF]- Taco New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61483426
    To become a middleman takes lots of work. To be trusted with someone elses items would be amazing, but terribly hard. Find an item you can buy low and sell high. You'll be making profits on no time.
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    You can never be a trusted middleman unless you are first a moderator for a partner community. Then you need to earn the trust of the community admin to get promoted to admin status. After that and alot of community service you might get admin for that community. Only then will a SCA give you the ability to have the Middleman status. I can tell you from personal experience that you do not want this title. I respect the fact that you want the job of a MM but you need to think hard before jumping into this situation.
  5. EastLight

EastLight New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:59524341
    Most well known and reputable traders are those who trade in cash/ higher-valued items and have been in the various communities for quite a while.

As for building up rep, it is most commonly used for cash trading purposes only and there are many sites which offer this service. The more well-known sites are SourceOP, Bazaar.tf, PPM, Mann co trading, and TF2-Trader. (Do read their terms and conditions before starting one.)

Edit: Also, avoid shady trading practises and don't shark/ scam.

Have fun!
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014