1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Recommended Front Page change

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by a tasty serving of, Apr 16, 2012.

1. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    Currently, there is a latest search bar with all of the latest searches. Below that is the latest scammers bar.
    I propose a latest unverified scammer bar between the two. That way I can see who has just been reported. Granted some of the allegations won't be verified but that way I can know quickly if there's a pending investigation that way I can hold off on a trade until everything's cleared.

The latest scammer bar could be renamed Latest Verified Scammer. I really feel this could help that way I don't have to be as paranoid if I see a clean steamrep but then the guy is in the process of pulling off major scams and has already been reported once. I think this new bar would be great in perhaps thwarting someone on a crime spree .Plus it saves me time from having to comb through the forums. However, I don't know how hard or easy this would be to pull off logistically. Thanks for your time
  2. Ðiego™

Ðiego™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8988868
    use SR: steamID64 link in search engine queries menu for check if an ID is reported but not yet added.

[​IMG]
  3. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    I will do that from now on but I still think it would aid alot more people to put like an "under investigation" type bar because how many people are gonna read this particular post? I'm not sure how many people would know to use that in the search bar, cuz I sure didn't. I mean, i would think this would be much more helpful than the latest search bar. But anyways, thank you for your help and will do that and spread the word. Maybe hopefully a bar in the future :D
  4. Spyromancer

Spyromancer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37815818
    I'm going to agree with cornflakes here, there should be a more obvious way of telling if there's a pending case against someone. Heck, just putting the listed links in a separate box labelled something like "Search for Pending Cases" could accomplish a similar result.
  5. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5412928
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We wont mark people prematurely, the same with scammers appealing, we wont put it on their profile that they are "appealing".
    We cannot warrant that any is timely done. So we have the hard line of date/time of when somebody is tagged for a offense to adhere for the rule: do not trade with a scammer.

If people like to find more info or investigate, that is their prerogative. But I'm not condoning more work to have a volatile unsure status added.