1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Remove 3RD Party from issuing SR tags

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Starfish, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You may not be scamming yourself, but as a broker, you're still openly supporting fraud. In a sense, you're partnering with the scammer, who steals on your behalf, giving you a share of his/her ill-gotten profit in return for "cleanly" laundering the items. I'm sorry if that doesn't make sense to you - sometimes people struggle with looking past anything except profit and think "well I know it's stolen... but if I didn't steal it myself then it doesn't matter" - but many jurisdictions have laws about fencing stolen items for exactly the same reason. The short and simple answer is: Don't steal, don't aid in stealing.

As Gentleman said, we used to have a policy on trading with scammers altogether. That policy has been adjusted to only cover brokering and fencing, largely to prevent catching otherwise innocent traders who made an honest mistake in the crossfire. The changes are not intended to give a pass on laundering stolen items, which has unfortunately always been quite popular because of the "profit" margins.